Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Syracuse area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-04-2010, 11:56 AM

1,671 posts, read 2,864,912 times

Advertisements

Syracuse's Clean Tech Center ranks No. 6 on list of top 10 "cleantech clusters'' in the world |

Syracsue has become a global leader in the sustainable, environmental technology economy!

The local economy has transformed nicely from a heavy manufacturing to a diverse green-based economy supported by some of the top academic institutions in the world. Global recognitions like the "Cleantech Cluster" ranking increase the pride I have as a Syracusan (in addition to Syracuse Basketball and LaCrosse).

For Syracuse to have aspired to a "fraternity" of global centers like Styria, Austria, Cambridge, Mass.; Lahti, Finland; Toronto, Canada; Copenhagen, Denmark; Syracuse; San Diego, Calif.; San Jose, Calif.; Stockholm, Sweden; and Ontario, Canada shoiuld be a source of pride in CNY.

I was surprised that Pittsburgh was not listed which has embarked on a similiar transformation to a green-based economy. All the more impressive for Syracuse which is on the top 10 list!

However, I would direct everyone's attention to the negative comments posted in the Post-Standard article. Fortunately, misinformed and bitter people like this are a dying breed in the CNY region (hopefully!).

I would bet that if the Center of Excellence (a beautiful building I might add) were built in another community, the same posters whould complain that local leaders did noting to bring it to Syracuse!

In any case, GREAT JOB SYRACUSE AND ALL THOSE INVOLVED in making this happen!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Syracuse area