Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Tablets
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-20-2010, 09:12 PM

25 posts, read 53,694 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone, maybe somebody had posted a similar thread
as new version of these iterms have been released
which one is more suitable for apple noob like me considering
both price and functions
pls advise
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2010, 09:43 PM

24,488 posts, read 41,124,502 times
They all have a similar interface. I don't see any of them being hard or easier to learn. Rather than focusing on that, I suggest you focus on which would meet your needs best and is in a price range you're willing to pay.

The iPad is much larger, so you can read books on it and do some neat stuff, but it wont make phone calls and fit in your pocket. The iPhone can make phone calls and fit in your pocket but reading books and watching videos wont be as effective as an iPad. The iPod Touch is almost an iPhone without the ability to make phone calls and a constant data connection via AT&T.

If you don't want a monthly fee, then iPhone is out of the question for you.

Old 09-21-2010, 08:11 AM

3,743 posts, read 13,697,007 times
I would get an iPod Touch if you want to try it out. Easy to get, set up, sell if needed.

Old 09-21-2010, 11:27 PM

Yeah, if they all have similar interface, I think I'd better start from Itouch, Itouch 4 seems quite valuable considering its price.
Frankly, I hate apple products at first, Jobs is nibbling the market of whole world, and we already
have windows so why Mac? but I suddenly realized that the whole world maybe have conquered by Microsolft, so I think we shall support a competitor of Windows

Old 09-22-2010, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iiii View Post
Yeah, if they all have similar interface, I think I'd better start from Itouch, Itouch 4 seems quite valuable considering its price.
Frankly, I hate apple products at first, Jobs is nibbling the market of whole world, and we already
have windows so why Mac? but I suddenly realized that the whole world maybe have conquered by Microsolft, so I think we shall support a competitor of Windows
In the handheld device sector, Apple is the closest to having conquered the world. So in that particular arena, you're supporting the big dog.

Old 09-23-2010, 07:30 PM

It should be true in advanced country like America, but in developing country the situatiion should be different, ppl still choose products with lower price from Korea, Japan or Taiwan (e.g. HTC) or local made, although these handheld devices are not as delicate as apple's. the OP usually is Android or windows mobile. In China, some people even assemble cellphones by themselves using accessories brought from diverse or unknown providers lol that is cool~~~ right, the quality....doubtable of course.
But maybe, if you initiate a business like this in America, a country everybody like difference, maybe you could be the next Jobs :P

Old 09-24-2010, 03:04 AM

Quote:
maybe you could be the next Jobs :P
There's a lot of other people I'd rather be.

Old 05-15-2011, 08:35 PM

1 posts, read 1,379 times
Quote:
It should be true in advanced country like America,ipad cases (http://www.ebelow.com/ipad-cases.html - broken link) but in developing country the situatiion should be different, ppl still choose products with lower price from Korea,
Japan or Taiwan (e.g. HTC) or local made, although these handheld devices are not as delicate as apple's. the OP usually is Android or windows mobile. In China, some people even assemble cellphones by themselves using accessories brought from diverse or unknown providers lol that is cool~~~ right, the quality....doubtable of course.
But maybe, if you initiate a business like this in America,[url=http://www.ebelow.com/ipad-2-case-iPad2case-iPad-2-cases.html]ipad 2 cases[/url]a country everybody like difference, maybe you could be the next Jobs :P
I hate apple products at first, Jobs is nibbling the market of whole world, and we already

Old 05-15-2011, 09:05 PM

145 posts, read 420,495 times
iPad 2. writing this on it right now hehe.

I was on the fence about whether to buy this or not then finally did / found one. Great device! Much more convenient to carry this around rather than lug a laptop to places.

Just know that the iPad is more of a companion device rather than a replacement device. Unless all you want to do is web/email.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Tablets