Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Tablets
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2011, 03:24 PM

11,334 posts, read 26,083,811 times

Advertisements

I'm surprised a high-end Toughbook wasn't on that list somewhere...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2011, 07:43 PM

7,785 posts, read 18,826,232 times
Zinio
Pandora
Netflix
Atomic Browser (has adblock)
Flightstatus
Kindle app

Haven't really found a newsreader I really like yet

Old 08-26-2011, 01:40 AM

1 posts, read 540 times
My favorite most used apps are iWedPlanner,Facebook,Google+,tagged and Angry birds.The most liked apps are the iWedPlanner because organizing the wedding planning within a budget.The wedding app periodically reminds about the forthcoming events to make the plan well organized.

Old 08-26-2011, 10:11 AM

6,420 posts, read 11,594,830 times
I have mostly free apps on my iPad because I use an iMac for doing "serious work".

I've been wasting lots of time lately with "Magic Puzzle" which is a jigsaw-puzzle game. I also spend time with Moxie, FreeCell HD, Solitaire HD, and Sudoku (can't remember which one). They all have ads, but not obnoxious ones. I delete apps whose ads are obnoxious.

For news reading I started with Zite. But lately News360 and Editions have taken over as my news reader apps.

I have iMDB for checking out what that weird movie is that the television happens to be showing me.

I have some books on my iPad, and I have Kindle, nook, and iBooks readers. But I much prefer to have a dead-tree book in my hands so I don't really read much on-line. I got the books for an overseas flight, but wound up watching a Harry Potter movie on my iPad instead.

For radio (we're BBC4 fanatics!) I use iTune.

I don't much like browsing the web on the iPad ... I feel slightly cheated by the 'mobile' versions of web pages because it feels like stuff is missing. But the full versions are really too full to easily see.

I wish I could get a flash-enabled browser, because there are a couple of on-line games I play each week. I might even fork over some $ for that, if it has a really good reputation.

We did pay $$ for Bird Watcher Pro (I think that's what it's called) because we go overnight camping regularly and it's fun to have that for a reference.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Tablets