Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Tablets
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2011, 08:56 AM

994 posts, read 1,681,364 times

Advertisements

Can you guys give me some good reasons to buy this?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2011, 09:16 AM

14,688 posts, read 26,602,543 times
My best reasons to buy a tablet/iPad2:

1. I can earn my swagbucks without even watching videos. Swagbucks TV uses Flash which won't play on the iPad but the server still credits me swagbucks. DM for more info on swagbucks.
2. Is easy to carrry around with me to read the paper, visit web sites, etc. A phone is just way too small for me to look at.
3. I travel a lot so it is good for watching videos/playing games. Again, a phone is too small for me.
4. I use apps to get recipes which can then compile shopping lists for me.

Old 11-03-2011, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bs13690 View Post
My best reasons to buy a tablet/iPad2:

1. I can earn my swagbucks without even watching videos. Swagbucks TV uses Flash which won't play on the iPad but the server still credits me swagbucks. DM for more info on swagbucks.
2. Is easy to carrry around with me to read the paper, visit web sites, etc. A phone is just way too small for me to look at.
3. I travel a lot so it is good for watching videos/playing games. Again, a phone is too small for me.
4. I use apps to get recipes which can then compile shopping lists for me.
Does it support wpa2-psk aes? How is the battery life? Is there a keyboard you can attach? Does it have USB?

Old 11-03-2011, 09:46 AM

6,420 posts, read 11,590,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by penguin_kernel View Post
Does it support wpa2-psk aes?
I'm pretty sure it does WPA2. I don't know whether that answers your question, or whether there are some subtleties here that I don't know about.

Quote:
How is the battery life?
I bought mine just before we flew to the UK. I watched a movie and played a bunch of games. DH watched a movie. We still had around 32% battery life left. Apple recommends to never leave it in a hot car - that's the worst thing you can do to the battery - so I never do that.

Quote:
Is there a keyboard you can attach?
Yes. And many of the book-style covers have built-in keyboards.

Quote:
Does it have USB?
Nope. It has its own socket which you use for either recharging or syncing to iTunes (which is how you get stuff on or off). The other end of the cord from the "Apple" end is usb.

In general, I'd say if you have to go searching for a reason to buy it, then you'll probably be better off not buying it yet. Wait until a reason presents itself ... the tablet market may have changed by then.

Old 11-03-2011, 09:53 AM

650 posts, read 1,811,407 times
You can browse the internet while taking a nice long poop. Applies to all tablets though.

Old 11-03-2011, 09:56 AM

2,182 posts, read 5,435,595 times
If you need someone to give you reasons to buy it, you don't need to buy it.

Old 11-03-2011, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kazyn View Post
If you need someone to give you reasons to buy it, you don't need to buy it.
Well I decided to buy it

Old 11-03-2011, 10:29 AM

2,182 posts, read 5,435,595 times
Maybe it has an app for increasing reasoning ability, or perhaps logic?

Old 11-03-2011, 11:37 AM

4,035 posts, read 10,291,348 times
It’s a must if you travel a lot and great if you commute by bus or train. Also, it allows me to be completely paperless. Apps like Dropbox and Evernote give me access to everything instantly. I keep track of my expenses with another app that allows me to photograph receipts and throw away the originals. I can even sign documents in Preview. It really depends on your job. I’m something of a cliché Apple-type, i.e., I travel a lot to do freelance creative work.

Old 11-03-2011, 11:39 AM

44,254 posts, read 64,328,014 times
I bought it for my wife to use when she's in the hospital. There's wifi everywhere and it's a cute handy way to keep in touch with others or watch movies or read books or play games, etc.

Otherwise, I would have never bothered.

It was delivered by a penguin...how is that for funny, op?

Later on, I plan to let my son use it - I have seen that babies and toddlers really know how to interact with those things. It will be interesting to see if that ups his hand-eye coordination.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Tablets