Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Tablets
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-27-2012, 02:33 PM

81 posts, read 453,968 times

Advertisements

I recently got a Samsung Galaxy Tablet 10.1 inch model # GT-P7500, International version as a christmas gift. It worked on December 24th,25th and 26th. Today it is telling me messages like " No internet connection available", "can't establish a reliable connection to the server. This could be temporary problem or your android device may not be provisioned for data services. If this continues call customer service.". Customer service was unable to help me. I can see the wifi connected, it is lit and tells me the name of providers etc, but says no internet. I have tried in more than one location.

If any one has any idea whatsover that I can do to correct this problem, please help me as I would really like this tablet to work. Thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2012, 04:39 PM

3,465 posts, read 4,836,778 times
Have you rebooted the Tablet and reconnected to wifi to see if it resets?

Old 12-27-2012, 05:16 PM

Thanks for your help. Yes I did many times. Within 15 minutes of posting here it came back on, and is up and running two hours later. One of the messsages read "this could be a temporary problem".. so maybe thats probably what it was. I think I may have future problems with this model based on some of the reviews I read and Samsung's poor customer service. I know that after today, I will not be buying any Samsung products. However, the tablet is a nice christmas gift that I certainly appreciate. Thanks again !

Old 12-28-2012, 08:15 AM

16,544 posts, read 19,679,952 times
Samsung is a top tier manufacturer. They don't make crap.
You won't buy another Samsung because of Network Connectivity issues and "stuff I read online"? Usually takes a little more then that for me to dismiss an entire company. Geez, man, give it a chance...

Re: Your issue. It sounds like your tablet is trying to use a 3g/4g wireless connection (data provisioning) like that provided by ATT or Verizon. Did you get a data plan with your tablet?

Old 12-28-2012, 10:30 AM

6,420 posts, read 11,592,513 times
Get anti-virus for it. DH has a Nexus 7 inch, and he read warnings of the android devices being targeted. If androids are targeted then so are all the other mobile devices.

Old 12-28-2012, 01:21 PM

Disagree. It is surely not a virus causing his issue, first of all. Guarantee that.
Second, all anti-virus is going to do is SLOW YOUR PHONE DOWN.
All you need is common sense. This "malware is infecting Android phones" is pure scare tactics. Probably started by the anti virus companies.
Yes, there is malware out there but it is SO easy to avoid. Don't download brand new apps with less then 1,000 downloads. Don't download anything with no downloads and no reviews. Stick to well known apps.

Old 12-28-2012, 05:40 PM

The tablet is a Samsung Galaxy Tablet 10.1 inch and thats what it says on the box, both the back and the front. The back also has the model # GT-P7500. There is nothing on the box about it being an international version, and what that means. I have since learnt that they are made differently than the ones for teh USA. In fact had I not had the problem and decided to call Samsung I would not have known that this is an international version and the samsung customer service in the USA could help me with this model. They told me to go to Samsung UK's website. I did that and there is no on line chat help in the UK, nor toll free number so you must call the United Kingdom, which is costly. There is also a time difference of about 4 or 5 hours to deal with as well. The tablet was purchased in the USA and I feel that their customer service should be able to deal with it. After that situation I decided to review the tablet and saw that other persons were having problems.

It is not a virus problem. In fact I am not into Apps, music, videos etc. I don't use it to check email. All I basically want is to be able to get books from Amazon, downloaded to the tablet, to use google talk when I am out of the country, to read the news and to have something lighter than the laptop when I travel, at work, and also something that I can move easily with around the house.

I do not want 3G/4G data plan on it. I have that on my windows smartphone which performs like a super jet. I only want to use this tablet at home, at work, and in the airports when I travel. I simply need to connect to Wifi. My phone also connects to Wifi at those same 2 locations with ease, and so does my lap top. The same applies to my colleagues who have other tablets ( including the kindle ) and smart phones. All of their devices work well in the office.

It tells me that wifi is available, it accepts the passwords, you see the light change color in settings, it tells you the provider name etc, but when you go to google or use the browser it says no internet available, messages come up, yet your settings are in order. It came back up last evening and is working well from home but not at work. I took it to a family friend on Christmas evening and it worked fine there too.

On Amazon this is selling for as much as $639.00 so I know it is not a cheap product. Unfortunately there are some others and myself who are not so lucky with it -also had difficulty deleting photos (no delete button; when I googled on line, others had same problem with that too) Life. Thanks again !

Old 12-29-2012, 08:29 AM

UPDATE

An IT person told me to have the firmware for the router at work updated, and that did indeed solve the problem, so I can now use the tablet at work. Very pleased !

Still trying to remove pictures from what I call the start screen/home screen without having to go into apps etc to remove them but I can live with that. There is a camera icon at the bottom of the screen that I would like to remove as my hand often touches it accidentally. Can't seem to be able to get that removed but I can live with it.

Still wish Samsung offered better service and the product be correctly displayed saying it is an "International version, and what that means" etc but I already have it and it is a gift I will continue to appreciate.

Old 12-31-2012, 08:18 AM

Nice to see an update. Thanks.

Re: Removing pics from the home screen. Can you explain that a little better? Because normally to delete pics you just go into the app called GALLERY and manage everything there.

Re: Camera icon. You know how to move icons around and delete them? Press and hold the icon and you can move or delete. Or is this icon in the bottom "tray"? I have not seen Samsungs tablet offerings so not sure what the home screen looks like anymore.

Old 12-31-2012, 09:41 AM

881 posts, read 2,092,003 times
Settings>Display>SoftKey... you can then select your choice. I like the "apps" screen...
Settings>Wallpaper... wallpapers, home screen images, etc.
FWIW, that's a bizarre model for the US...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Tablets