U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Tablets
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2015, 11:09 AM

11,768 posts, read 9,213,418 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdcdguy View Post
What is the advantage of doing this?
None.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pruzhany View Post
You have a 16GB gen 4. It was a midlife upgrade that was almost a Air, but was not The software will be enhanced.

iOS 9 - What
Do. Not. Do. This. without careful research. Once you upgrade to ios 9.0.2 you can't go back to 7 or even 8.4 Or even 9 because apple stopped signing them. (Apple has to sign the software in order for you to restore to it). A lot of users have reported significant lag and bugs when upgrading the older devices.

Following release of iOS 9.0.2, Apple stops signing iOS 8.4.1 and iOS 9.0 | 9to5Mac
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2015, 01:42 PM

1,320 posts, read 3,344,656 times
I did the update about a week ago. All seems fine so far. Question. Does the Ipad have anyway to add an external speaker so I can listen to Pandora or what ever? It sounds like AM radio with it's speaker. I am getting very close to getting the latest Ipad( not the more expensive pro). Also looking into the comparable Kindle. It may be as good. They seem to be about the say price. Anyone like them?

Old 10-04-2015, 06:12 PM

14,073 posts, read 21,752,736 times
Quote:
I did the update about a week ago. All seems fine so far. Question. Does the Ipad have anyway to add an external speaker so I can listen to Pandora or what ever? It sounds like AM radio with it's speaker. I am getting very close to getting the latest Ipad( not the more expensive pro). Also looking into the comparable Kindle. It may be as good. They seem to be about the say price. Anyone like them?
An external speaker can be added by plugging into the headphone jack or by bluetooth, but I'm not an expert on that.

Old 10-04-2015, 06:28 PM

11,768 posts, read 9,213,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkf747 View Post
An external speaker can be added by plugging into the headphone jack or by bluetooth, but I'm not an expert on that.
That is correct. Also could use a speaker/speaker dock that uses the USB to lightning connector or one that has a built in lightning plug, but the built in plugs are usually meant for iPhones and iPods.

Old 10-05-2015, 11:30 AM

13,047 posts, read 15,155,650 times
http://www.amazon.com/AmazonBasics-P...+tooth+speaker

Go with Bluetooth. I've never seen a BT wireless speaker that didn't also support an aux in for the headphone jack type that Lycos mentioned.

Old 10-06-2015, 04:56 PM

UPDATE: So Target had the Ipad Air 2 on sale for 399 and I bought one. What tips, setup, and any other helpful stuff can you all tell me? I am going to wait a day or two to set it up.

Old 10-06-2015, 11:59 PM

14,523 posts, read 7,993,555 times
Apple Ipad Air 2 User Manual Pdf | Free Owners Manual

Instructions For Ipad Air 2 | Solution Manual Book

Also, look for the Tips app which automatically comes with an iPad. This app will update automatically as the iOS downloads upgrades in the background, if you set it to do this.

Also, I think the best and most easily understood printed manual is from the David Pogue group and they are usually called "The Missing Manuel" for your specific model of iPad. Amazon.com: iPad: The Missing Manual (9781491947159): David Pogue: Books

This guy (and his team) are really good at writing these. The tone of the writing is very informative and not condescending, but does have a humorous slant.

Old 10-07-2015, 03:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macrina View Post
Apple Ipad Air 2 User Manual Pdf | Free Owners Manual

Instructions For Ipad Air 2 | Solution Manual Book

Also, look for the Tips app which automatically comes with an iPad. This app will update automatically as the iOS downloads upgrades in the background, if you set it to do this.

Also, I think the best and most easily understood printed manual is from the David Pogue group and they are usually called "The Missing Manuel" for your specific model of iPad. Amazon.com: iPad: The Missing Manual (9781491947159): David Pogue: Books

This guy (and his team) are really good at writing these. The tone of the writing is very informative and not condescending, but does have a humorous slant.
Macrina- Thanks for all this great info!

Old 10-07-2015, 11:25 PM

14,523 posts, read 7,993,555 times
Quote:
Macrina- Thanks for all this great info!
You're so welcome! I think those Missing Manuals are worth practically their weight in gold!

Old 10-12-2015, 02:24 PM

2,563 posts, read 3,105,668 times
So far, I've had three iPads and I haven't had trouble with any of them. I want to watch something and I watch it. It's flawless. My Internet is Comcast, and the current download speed is 89.35 Mbps. One other thing. With the right set up you can use Airplay to bounce the whole picture to your TV.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Tablets