Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Tablets
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-15-2015, 09:43 AM

42,554 posts, read 86,977,099 times

Advertisements

I should know better, but I stupidly clicked on Upgrade for an application that already worked fine. Now, of course, everything is gone.

"Photos" told me to upgrade,as it would not be supported in the future, and now all I can see is "Backed up photos get processed & automatically organized here -- Check back in a little bit." I've been checking back now for a month, and still cannot access my Photos.

They are organized by month, I can only see July 2015, and it only shows me one thumbnail. I can't even open the viewer for that month.

If I use my Camera function to take pictures now, I can't even retrieve and view those. "Check back in a little bit".

I've looked in "Trash" which is supposed to save them for 60 days, but Trash folder is empth. So where the hell are they? Google has basically kicked me into one of their many black holes, from which there is no escape.

Last edited by jtur88; 09-15-2015 at 11:01 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2015, 08:26 PM

1,201 posts, read 4,046,153 times
Log into your google account on a computer and go to Photos in your google account. If you backed up your photos on wifi from your tablet they may be there on your computer.

Old 09-16-2015, 08:21 AM

16,548 posts, read 19,698,509 times
Go to the PLAY Store. Look for an app called QUICKPIC. Install.
This is a fantastic replacement Gallery/Photos app. If there are pics hidden anywhere, it will find them.

Old 09-16-2015, 01:46 PM

6,627 posts, read 7,344,486 times
If the above does not work try going to your last restore point. Probably search on create a restore point. Read the menu and you will see recover from a restore point. That is what you want. It might help. Do a little reading about the program before you run but it should do you no harm.

Old 09-16-2015, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine View Post
Go to the PLAY Store. Look for an app called QUICKPIC. Install.
This is a fantastic replacement Gallery/Photos app. If there are pics hidden anywhere, it will find them.
That worked. My tablet now hides them in a file called Screenshots, inaccessible through the Photo icon on the screen. If I use my camera function, they're right there waiting for me. Thanks loads -- lifesaver.

Lucky thing there are always aftermarket creators covering Google's (and Windows') ass.

OK,, next question. I installed the Quickpic app using my laptop, and it successfully synced and installed on my Tablet, where it works perfectly when using my tablet. But I can't access it on my laptop when I'm logged into Google.. How do I sync it back again? When I go to Google Play,, and click on Quickpic, I just get a sales pitch for it that says "Installed".

Last edited by jtur88; 09-16-2015 at 03:03 PM..

Old 09-18-2015, 04:49 PM

Never mind -- turns out the Quickpic file does not sync in Google, I have to use a USB wire to transfer the pics in Quickpic to my laptop.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Tablets