Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Tablets
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-24-2015, 06:10 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,779,820 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTE1969 View Post
Ipad Pro - nice, BUT OVERHYPED BLAH BECAUSE PEOPLE ARE DELUDED INTO THINKING APPLE IPADS RULE.

MAJOR WEAKNESS OF IPAD - LIMITED MEMORY.

THIS TABLET RULES AND IS LIGHT YEARS WAY BETTER THAN A STINKING IPAD OF ANY TYPE!

Yoga Tab 3 Pro | The Ultimate Video Tablet*| Lenovo US

Sorry, lots of APPLE stuff is overhyped stuff.
Not as much as typing everything in all caps. Like that somehow validates your point.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2015, 09:47 PM

20,293 posts, read 37,183,750 times
Quote:
Ipad Pro - nice, BUT OVERHYPED BLAH BECAUSE PEOPLE ARE DELUDED INTO THINKING APPLE IPADS RULE.

THIS TABLET RULES AND IS LIGHT YEARS WAY BETTER THAN A STINKING IPAD OF ANY TYPE!

Overhyped or not, people buy what they want. And buying what one wants has nothing to do with delusion about a product, be it the iPad, nor the Lenovo you have posted above. Tablets, computers, cellphones, and the rest are chosen like we do automobiles. Some like Ford, some Chevy, some GM, some Subaru, and so on.

For example, the first tablet my wife ever used was an iPad, so she got used to it and finds it easier to use than other tablets. It's that familiarity with the product that sways her to buy another iPad. It's the same with each one of us in that once one becomes familiar with a tool, tablet, and so on, we tend to stick to it.

I do agree with you that memory for the iPad can be expensive, although there are 128GB iPads available. But to me it makes no sense paying so much for 128GB, since 16GB is plenty. I would not store movies in it, just a few files and photos. But lets say that I have a lot of movies and photos to view with an iPad, or any other tablet. In this case I can save all the photos, files, and movies I want on an external Wi-Fi hard drive.

Something like this:
http://www.cnet.com/topics/storage/b...reless-drives/

Last edited by RayinAK; 11-24-2015 at 09:59 PM..

Old 11-25-2015, 07:39 AM

16,548 posts, read 19,698,509 times
But in his defense on this very forum I saw someone say:

"I bought an Apple TV...not sure why. I feel deprived if I don't buy anything Apple makes..."

Seriously. THAT made me weep for humanity.

Old 11-25-2015, 07:50 AM

15,432 posts, read 25,814,526 times
Quote:

I'm sorry, but I can't figure out what this has to do with the topic.

Old 11-25-2015, 09:16 AM

2,563 posts, read 3,683,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine View Post

"I bought an Apple TV...not sure why. I feel deprived if I don't buy anything Apple makes..."

Usually, the stuff they put out is pretty good. When the IPads first came out, I wasn't sure why anyone would want one. But now that I've had a couple, I use them all the time. So, I try to keep an open mind, and I don't at all mind trying something new.

Old 11-26-2015, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine View Post

Actually, the Apple TV works quite nicely if you like watching movies and such. But I don't feel deprived by anything, including the laptop I am using to type this post

I use both the PC and Apple computers at work, and each has its niceties. The iPad is the most widely used at work, however.

Old 11-26-2015, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayinAK View Post
Actually, the Apple TV works quite nicely if you like watching movies and such. But I don't feel deprived by anything, including the laptop I am using to type this post

I use both the PC and Apple computers at work, and each has its niceties. The iPad is the most widely used at work, however.
I have two Apple TVs at home. I like them. I should have held out for the latest generation Apple TV. Oh well.

I have a PC laptop running Vista, bleh. At work, it is all PC. I like the Apple ecosystem. Everything flows nicely and is usable.

Old 11-26-2015, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD4020 View Post
I have two Apple TVs at home. I like them. I should have held out for the latest generation Apple TV. Oh well.

I have a PC laptop running Vista, bleh. At work, it is all PC. I like the Apple ecosystem. Everything flows nicely and is usable.
I just bought the latest Apple TV a couple of days ago, but I still have to buy a HDMI hub from Amazon, this way I can switch back and forth between other components such as DVD, receiver, to the Apple TV. Some newer TVs include more than one HDMI port, but the one I have, has only one.

Old 11-26-2015, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayinAK View Post
I just bought the latest Apple TV a couple of days ago, but I still have to buy a HDMI hub from Amazon, this way I can switch back and forth between other components such as DVD, receiver, to the Apple TV. Some newer TVs include more than one HDMI port, but the one I have, has only one.
The HDMI hub would be a really handy tool.

Old 11-27-2015, 04:18 PM

6,160 posts, read 5,712,713 times
I played around with the iPad Pro a few days ago. It seems really neat, but also seems like it would have a very limited customer base. I don't think I would ever have a use for one. But the wife said it might be neat for games (like I'm really spending $700+ on a game tablet...).

Apple really should have designed iOS to work with it differently. There is so much blank space.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Tablets