Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Tablets
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-01-2017, 03:11 PM

217 posts, read 282,666 times

Advertisements

In that Cass, I'm going with Air 1. It's only ~$20 more than Nvidia Shield K1, and I've seen some good keyboard cases for it that match my needs besides art. Thank you for your help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2017, 07:39 PM

Well that's ****ing great. I got a refurbished ipad air in the mail today, plugged it up to charge with it's USB cord and charger, and it showed a screen for about ten seconds showing that it is charging, and now it's not doing anything. I considered that it is just because the battery is so low, so I left it plugged up for over an hour, and the screen still won't turn on, and I've tried holding down every button on it, as well as blowing into the USB ports to make sure they were clear.

No matter what I plug it up to, there is no indication that it is charging, and it won't turn on when I hold down any of the buttons, so I guess I'm going to have to mail this one back, hope I get a refund, and get another one. Another thing that makes me suspicious is that apparently these things usually come with a serial code, but I did not see a serial code anywhere.

From what I've read, it could be because the power cable is too short and the adapter is only 10W, not 12W, so I may have to sink more money into one of those, assuming it works.

Old 01-12-2017, 08:19 AM

16,503 posts, read 19,575,896 times
That's what it does when the battery is dead. Flashes and goes out. Could be the charger not powerful enough, I suppose. In that case it should still charge but VERY slowly...I once had a bweak charger on a tablet take 2 days to fully charge a tablet.

Old 01-12-2017, 01:59 PM

Yeah, well, I already sent it back in hopes of getting a refund, I shouldn't have even risked it right now, and from what I've read of the company's policy, I may not even get a refund because it's a tablet, so **** me for not reading. I think I am just not going to bother with tablets for drawing right now. If I DO get a tablet, it will only be for browsing the internet and writing, and it will most likely be an Nvidia Shield K1.

The Nvidia Shield K1 looks and sounds like a pretty solid, reliable tablet. I am quite used to using Android, and it has no bloatware on the thing. The only thing I don't like about the Nvidia Shield K1 so far is that it doesn't work with bluetooth styluses, so it makes the one I have almost useless, but that only matters if I want to do some serious drawing on the thing and want absolute accuracy.

The other I might consider is the Xiaomi MiPad 2, if it is any better at anything.

Do all tablets take days to charge if completely discharged?

Last edited by TinBo; 01-12-2017 at 02:49 PM..

Old 01-13-2017, 07:27 AM

16,503 posts, read 19,575,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TinBo View Post
Do all tablets take days to charge if completely discharged?
No, not at all. Only when the charger isn't supplying the voltage it should. Don't know the exact numbers in this example but my let's say my Android tablet needs a 3 amp charger. I lost the charger it came with. I was using a 1.2 amp charger so it took literally days to charge.

Old 02-24-2017, 02:51 AM

1,135 posts, read 1,111,841 times
I bought a $129 Walmart RCA Viking Pro tablet that has a keyboard and is expandable through it's usb port. I tested it's expandability by attaching 3 128GB USB sticks and it read them all! - Knocks the IPAD clearly out of the ballpark!

Old 10-17-2019, 02:25 AM

1 posts, read 293 times
Default get a drawing pad xp-pen G430

for digital drawing you can get a small portable drawing pad with your laptop , it's samll but you can use a pressure sensitive pen to draw anything .

I have a xp-pen star G430 OSU Drawing tablet 4 x 3 inches ( [url]https://www.xp-pen.com/product/46.html[/url] ) . I use it for sketching ,editing photos , play osu game, it's nice .

for drawing directly on the screen , you can get a ipad pro or surface pro .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Tablets