Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Tablets
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-02-2019, 07:22 PM

3,525 posts, read 6,519,851 times

Advertisements

Is there a way to list all current apps?

I've read you can go to spotlight and type a period and then search. It doesn't seem to work.

My friend accidentally erased her YouTube app and I wasn't sure if she lost the app or just the icon. I went to the AppStore and it had a download symbol next to YouTube which implies she didn't have the app anymore. (I was able to download it.)

Is there no simpler way to list all apps? It seems you're just supposed to look at the icons and that will tell you what you have.

Regarding the dock (the strip of icons near the bottom) - sometimes I can copy an icon to it and sometimes it's not allowed. What are the rules here?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2019, 01:06 PM

The closest thing I could find was going to the AppStore, clicking on the user profile, and then clicking on Purchased.
Of course it doesn't have free apps.

Old 06-04-2019, 05:58 AM

4,665 posts, read 3,858,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpasa View Post
The closest thing I could find was going to the AppStore, clicking on the user profile, and then clicking on Purchased.
Of course it doesn't have free apps.

That lists the free apps also.

If you go into settings & scroll down it'll have all the installed apps in alphabetical order.

You can also search for an individual app using the search bar (I can't remember what it's called.)

Old 06-04-2019, 12:18 PM

The list of apps in Settings doesn't seem to have all the installed apps. Is it supposed to be all of them?

Old 06-04-2019, 03:34 PM

4,665 posts, read 3,858,543 times
Mine shows them all. The Apple apps like reminders, notes, music etc are further up but on the same settings screen.

Old 06-04-2019, 06:53 PM

2,269 posts, read 1,636,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpasa View Post
Is there a way to list all current apps?

I've read you can go to spotlight and type a period and then search. It doesn't seem to work.

My friend accidentally erased her YouTube app and I wasn't sure if she lost the app or just the icon. I went to the AppStore and it had a download symbol next to YouTube which implies she didn't have the app anymore. (I was able to download it.)

Is there no simpler way to list all apps? It seems you're just supposed to look at the icons and that will tell you what you have.

Regarding the dock (the strip of icons near the bottom) - sometimes I can copy an icon to it and sometimes it's not allowed. What are the rules here?
Open “settings”. You should see a list of everything on your iPad as soon as it opens.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Tablets