Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Tablets
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-02-2019, 11:57 AM

3,527 posts, read 6,527,342 times

Advertisements

If I'm looking at the Trash folder - if I select one email, the options at the bottom are Mark, Move and Delete.

But if I select all emails, the options at the bottom are Mark, Move and Archive. I need Delete to be there. If I tap Archive the emails will go to All Mail.

I found other articles where people are complaining about this (it's IOS 13.2) so it's not my setup, I think.

I've felt for a long time that you should be able to delete an email with one step. Instead you have to tap Move and then select the Trash folder.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2019, 08:15 AM

27,957 posts, read 39,771,359 times
I agree. My gmail account is famous for this. I have an Apple account and a yahoo account that I can swipe and delete. If it is a gmail mail, I use the standalone app to clear it out. Or I will use Apple Mail app, click edit, select all the emails I want to delete then delete them in fell swoop.

I also do what I can to unsubscribe to as many emails as possible.

Old 05-11-2020, 01:14 PM

3,527 posts, read 6,527,342 times
If you're just looking at one email, you actually have to go out to Inbox, tap Edit, select that email, tap Move and then select trash. They really need to redesign that.

I didn't want to start a new thread for this, but when you have an app, the settings are not in that app. You have to go to Settings on your home screen and then there are settings for each app. Is that true of all apps?

Also the app switcher can only be started by swiping up from the bottom and stopping in the middle, and then holding. Is there no other way to start it? It seems so vague or tricky, if that's the only way to start it.

Old 05-12-2020, 04:34 AM

15,431 posts, read 25,807,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpasa View Post
If you're just looking at one email, you actually have to go out to Inbox, tap Edit, select that email, tap Move and then select trash. They really need to redesign that.

I didn't want to start a new thread for this, but when you have an app, the settings are not in that app. You have to go to Settings on your home screen and then there are settings for each app. Is that true of all apps?

Also the app switcher can only be started by swiping up from the bottom and stopping in the middle, and then holding. Is there no other way to start it? It seems so vague or tricky, if that's the only way to start it.
I don’t know if it needs a redesign. It works good for me. Maybe you mean it takes too many clicks to do some things. I guess I can agree with that.

Some apps have the settings only in the app, while others have some in the app, and others in the main settings. There are other settings that are not under the apps name in settings, such as Notifications, or access to the camera, or if it runs in the background, or some other settings. I don’t mind that because some apps shouldn’t be taking over my iPad from me. I like being able to lock out an app when I don’t want it doing something.

The App switcher can be used with 4 fingers sliding upwards slightly if you have gestures enabled. You can also do it the way you said. Is something wrong with doing it that way?

Old 05-12-2020, 04:39 AM

15,431 posts, read 25,807,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpasa View Post
If I'm looking at the Trash folder - if I select one email, the options at the bottom are Mark, Move and Delete.

But if I select all emails, the options at the bottom are Mark, Move and Archive. I need Delete to be there. If I tap Archive the emails will go to All Mail.

I found other articles where people are complaining about this (it's IOS 13.2) so it's not my setup, I think.

I've felt for a long time that you should be able to delete an email with one step. Instead you have to tap Move and then select the Trash folder.
I just selected an email in the left pane and swiped left. Clicked more, and then “trash message”. The only change I would want is to skip the “more” click and just have the option to choose delete right there. Now I see what you mean. Somehow I overlooked using “edit” and then move and then trash. One too many clicks I guess. Not a big deal to me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Tablets