U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Tablets
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2020, 02:53 PM

1,540 posts, read 457,364 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windwalker2 View Post
Thank you very much for posting all of this. It should help me a lot. I got an Ipad 10.2 not an Ipad Pro.
OK, then you will be using the home button at bottom rather than swiping up. You also won't have facial ID, and possibly not fingerprint ID.

Do you need me to find other youtubes or are you good to go now that you have an idea what to search for similar ones for your Ipad 10.2. I think you can probably find good stuff for your specific Ipad now that you have a rough idea of what is out there in youtubeland.

Good luck. I love my iPad. Superior product and Apple has the best support, bu not during the Covid shutdown. Apple's support has been sub-par during Covid. It should bounce back to its superior product support if and when we get over Covid to herd immunity and open back up.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2020, 05:44 PM

2,544 posts, read 2,385,690 times
I will give it another try this coming weekend. Thank you for the help and the images of what to look for.

Old 09-02-2020, 08:40 PM

You are welcome. I know exactly how it feels to have a thousand dollar paperweight that 5 year olds seems to be able to use with ease. Tech comes very hard for me and I get by with a really small subset of the power available.

I hate the way tech caters to the power user at the expense of simplicity and ease of use. This stuff could be WAY easier to use if that was the focus by the companies. Instead, they offer one Operating System to fit all from novice to power user. I don't think that is right. They should offer an iPad for Idiots or something, and don't worry about all those astrophysics level features I don't have a prayer of ever seeing, let alone use.

Old 09-03-2020, 06:11 AM
Bo Bo won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Tenth Edition (Apr-May 2014). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

17,077 posts, read 34,786,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Windwalker2 View Post
The problem is that the Apple online support site is not adequate for new users. I have to use it on my Windows computer since I can't see any Internet browser on the IPad.
I wanted to address this statement about the browser, since no one else commented on it. The iPad came with a browser named Safari. Safari is a very good browser and it has some features the others don't have, but you don't have to use it. You can download Chrome and/or Firefox from the App Store if you prefer to use those.

Old 09-03-2020, 12:33 PM

Thanks. I did see the App Store once but didn't know I could get Firefox there.

Old 09-04-2020, 02:29 AM

Try this Google link. Best apps for ipad.

https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...ipad+best+apps

One warning on iPad apps. Many of them have in-app purchases you need to be aware of. You may be referred to a great app or read a glowing review, but it could be the professional or full fledged version. Some of these app have one version, either free or low cost. Many apps will be free or have low cost, but that gets you only the basic framework and that version may come with strict limitations or be missing features. A list making app may only allow 25 items unless you buy the in-app subscription or one time fee to open unlimited items. Or maybe you are missing formatting features that only are available with supscription or one time fee.

Don't be afraid of the subscriptions and one time in-app fees, just be aware of that and look for them. For most apps, they can't turn a profit with the free or $0.99 version. So do your homework and seek out the out-the-door full fledge costs before paying a small fee for something you won't go all in on.

You can always roadtest anything free or cheap to see if you think it is worth going further. You can always delete the app from your iPad if you don't like it.

Old 09-07-2020, 09:29 AM

26,922 posts, read 34,485,610 times
I like the Safari browser. I also have Chrome for things that do not work on Safari. However, that seems to be rare. Even more rare than 10 years ago. My iPad air 3 took a tumble last week and the screen is busted. I have an appointment tomorrow for repair. This will be my first test of Apple Care.

In the meantime I have been using my iPhone 8+, my 27" iMac or Dell notebook with Windows 10. It all makes me realize how much I like my iPad. It drives home the fact that it is useful to me. It takes some time. Even more when coming from a Windows world. It was how I started my migration from Windows to Apple. I have my hands in both worlds.

Old 09-07-2020, 02:31 PM

Sorry to hear about your Ipad Air.

I got a very sturdy aftermarket case for my Ipad and am hoping it could survive a fall.

Everybody tells me I will love the the Ipad once I learn to use it. But it does take some time to learn.

Old 02-01-2021, 07:52 AM

18,054 posts, read 5,054,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bo View Post
I wanted to address this statement about the browser, since no one else commented on it. The iPad came with a browser named Safari. Safari is a very good browser and it has some features the others don't have, but you don't have to use it. You can download Chrome and/or Firefox from the App Store if you prefer to use those.
And Opera, and Edge.

I have Safari, Firefox, Opera, and Edge on my iPad.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Tablets