U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Tablets
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-26-2020, 04:36 PM

366 posts, read 133,713 times

Advertisements

Actually after research, I'm interested in getting the S7+ which is touted as the best android tablet on the market. Initially, I wanted a simple tablet but after testing out this S6 lite I realize I would like a lot more. The drawback of getting the S7+ is the price especially since I just purchased an S20FE a few weeks ago. But the S7+ will fill a major void. I'm interested in reading a lot and watching documentaries. And my PC and my S20FE just come up short in this regard. Reading and watching videos on my PC causes me to lose interest and slouch. And my phone is just too small to do these things. And some of my apps like Quizlet is extremely functional on a tablet.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2020, 04:37 PM

3,577 posts, read 3,180,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankAce View Post
Does it ever overheat? Any cons?
Has never overheated and I have never heard of a tablet overheating.

No glaring cons. I prefer a computer, but my wife uses it in lieu of a computer for email, light web surfing, read news papers on line and even zooming. I have an android phone and it's function is pretty similar to the android tablet.

Old 12-27-2020, 03:46 PM

29,335 posts, read 22,169,500 times
I have never been a fan of Android tablets. They have always been an afterthought in the Android ecosystem.

In your case, I would get the latest model of baseline iPad, or potentially an iPad mini. I placed my last “cheap” iPad on a car roof and drove off, throwing it in a river. It was a 2017 model and had plenty of power for my casual use. I replaced it with the highest end iPad Pro, and while I enjoy the extras of the Pro, it simply isn’t worth it for most people, especially those who don’t want their iPad to double as a laptop.

Old 12-27-2020, 08:20 PM

366 posts, read 133,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serious Conversation View Post
I have never been a fan of Android tablets. They have always been an afterthought in the Android ecosystem.

In your case, I would get the latest model of baseline iPad, or potentially an iPad mini. I placed my last “cheap” iPad on a car roof and drove off, throwing it in a river. It was a 2017 model and had plenty of power for my casual use. I replaced it with the highest end iPad Pro, and while I enjoy the extras of the Pro, it simply isn’t worth it for most people, especially those who don’t want their iPad to double as a laptop.

The iPad isn't an option for me. I have a Samsung PC and phone so I must remain in the Samsung universe. I've never had a Apple product.

Old 12-28-2020, 01:52 PM

5,881 posts, read 11,673,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink Jazz View Post
I just got a Samsung Galaxy Tab A7 for Christmas and I am happy with it. Unlike a smartphone or laptop, a tablet is not an everyday personal device for me, so I don't feel the need to have a high-end tablet. I mainly use it for watching movies.
I purchased the the A7 for my wife, and its a solid tablet. its a good for video streaming, internet browsing, messengering, and basic content (word processing/presentations/spreadsheets) - what 80 percent of the population would use it for

Don't expect it to use it for Photo/video editing, graphic design

Very good value with solid construction

Old 12-30-2020, 12:05 PM

6,152 posts, read 2,434,858 times
Everyone has their favorites, me I’m a Apple fan, iMac, iPhones, iPod, Apple TV 4K , an 2 iPad pros and a iPad 7, and Apple Watch 1st generation. iPad is great because everything meshes together seamlessly. And no need for virus protection on Apple devices.

Old 01-03-2021, 04:12 AM

3,580 posts, read 3,066,945 times
Flashback malware
OSX/KitM.A virus
OSX.PROTON
OSX/MaMi

Just a VERY small list of those viruses that have affected Apple products and it is a SMALL number. However, as Apple products become more popular, more viruses will be invented.

As for virus protection on Android? I've never had any and never had a problem. But I'm very careful when adding programs. That's true on my tablets and my phones.

PC that's another story, would not run without some type of protection.

Old 01-03-2021, 05:03 PM

13,616 posts, read 6,733,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by f5fstop View Post
Flashback malware
OSX/KitM.A virus
OSX.PROTON
OSX/MaMi

Just a VERY small list of those viruses that have affected Apple products and it is a SMALL number. However, as Apple products become more popular, more viruses will be invented.

As for virus protection on Android? I've never had any and never had a problem. But I'm very careful when adding programs. That's true on my tablets and my phones.

PC that's another story, would not run without some type of protection.
If you’re careful and only add via the Play store that’s no different than adding MacOS or iOS apps through Apple’s App Store. No malware there.

Old 01-04-2021, 06:54 AM

3,580 posts, read 3,066,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by markjames68 View Post
If you’re careful and only add via the Play store that’s no different than adding MacOS or iOS apps through Apple’s App Store. No malware there.
True. Just stating that Apple has had viruses before and probably more will come in the future. As they say, sell more computers and more viruses will come. As Apple sales go up, scum bags will find it lucrative to make more viruses for Apple.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Tablets