U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Tablets
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-21-2021, 07:52 AM

1,305 posts, read 610,149 times

Advertisements

My apologies if this subject has been covered elsewhere. Just found this forum on CD today.

Need some help/advice, please. My wife has a Samsung Galaxy Tab A 10.1 tablet which I bought for her 3 years ago. It has worked well for her usage until a couple weeks ago. Now the tablet picture has many lines through it and the picture is somewhat faded or washed out in appearance.

I ordered a new battery and replaced the old one about a week ago, but that didn't help matters any. So, yesterday I took it apart again and cleaned all the contacts on the cables with rubbing alcohol and reassembled the tablet. Again, no improvement. I'm thinking that maybe it's time to just ditch this tablet and purchase a new one.

My wife uses the tablet daily. Her usage consists of Facebook to keep in contact with her friends and stay up to date on what's going on in the world and game playing such as various card games (solitaire, spades, gin rummy, etc) , simple mahjong, cube block, and other basic games. She sends an occasional email. She doesn't watch movies or use the camera function. About 99% of her usage is at home. She doesn't carry the tablet around with her away from home unless we're going somewhere for overnight trips.

So, I'm open to suggestions on how to remove the lines and improve picture quality. Or, if that's too difficult or expensive, what would you recommend in the way of a new tablet considering her usage habits. Thanks.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2021, 08:24 AM

13,016 posts, read 15,119,575 times
Get a new tablet, Chas.

Old 01-23-2021, 04:55 PM

14,061 posts, read 21,713,883 times
Agree with Peregrine.

Old 01-24-2021, 07:34 AM

1,305 posts, read 610,149 times
Thanks for the replies. New Samsung Galaxy Tab A7 is now on the way. I would say that my wife got her money's worth out of the tablet since the cost figures out to about 25 cents per day of usage.

Old 01-24-2021, 07:38 AM

2,537 posts, read 3,872,824 times
The same thing happened to my Galaxy Tab A 10.1 tablet, 2014 edition.
I figured it was an internal failure after a lot of years of daily use.

I was satisfied with it enough that I got the 2019 edition a year and a half ago and have been very happy with it too.
PS: the change-over should be super easy, if you get another Samsung. Just use the new-ish Samsung Smart-Switch backup program and echo the old device to a PC, then restore it to the new tablet.

Old 01-24-2021, 10:49 AM

6,020 posts, read 3,120,007 times
i have replaced the screen of my nexus-7 that had similar symptoms many years ago. which had the same problem.
it wasnt amoled so the fuser and digitizer were two separate pieces so it was cheaper/easier to take apart and install.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Tablets