Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tallahassee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2013, 10:25 AM

16,259 posts, read 43,214,257 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chet the jet View Post
Right on! Im trying to get my wife interested in going to Florida from here in Maine and the people she has talked to that have gone there have completely brain washed her into thinking Florida is over crowded,terrible traffic,always to hot, and full of snakes! They too have only gone to one place and formed there own narrow minded opinion of FL!
I would think Tallahassee would be just as filled with snakes as anywhere else in Florida, Georgia, etc. Maybe I'm wrong. Might be interesting to hear from a Tallahassee person though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2013, 12:59 PM

3,263 posts, read 5,006,003 times
I wouldn't say Tallahassee is "filled with snakes," but I've seen a couple in my 16 years here. And it's not "always" too hot -- just May through October.

Old 12-19-2014, 08:40 AM

16,259 posts, read 43,214,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
Wow you must not know about Tallahassee at all! Visiting is not enough. There's hella gays in Tallahassee first of all. I seriously doubt you'd be victim of a hate crime. Second, Tallahassee is not that nice to me. It's kinda ghetto to be honest. Slightly better than Miami. But same ol' hoodrats and mentality once you step outside the university areas. And even then in the university there's ignorant people. I went to FSU and FAMU events ALL THE TIME when I lived in Tallahassee. They still act like high school kids and thugs with no home training.

I don't know why you want to go to Tally-Ho, but whatever floats your boat. I have family all across south florida and it takes WAY too long to travel down there from Tallahassee. That's why once I moved out, it was for good. I really don't miss it. There's better places in Florida to live. And living in South FL really isn't that bad. There's many different cities that are away from the crime and corruption of Miami. Boca Raton, Wellington, Weston, Palm Beach Gardens, Royal Palm Beach, Jupiter, are all good examples of that.
The way the people act in Tallahassee, do you really see it different in other parts of Florida? I'd think it would be the opposite way around.

Old 12-19-2014, 11:51 AM

7,732 posts, read 12,629,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Beer View Post
The way the people act in Tallahassee, do you really see it different in other parts of Florida? I'd think it would be the opposite way around.
I don't know about anyone else but having lived practically all around the state, I can safely say that Northern Florida as a whole is unique in it's attributes. It's basically an extended version of Georgia. My experience living in Tallahassee dates back to 2006 so I don't know how it is now. I've visited since then but I haven't lived there so again I'm not sure but when I did, redneck racism was alive and well. The hoodrats that live there are country and have accents like they were from St. Louis or somewhere. Everything was backwards to me. The culture, the mentality, etc. Very different from South Florida.

Old 12-19-2014, 07:22 PM

49 posts, read 68,920 times
I lived in Tallahassee for 4 years and I don't see the appeal of it and I don't understand why it is the capital is it seems disconnected from the rest of the state. Having been to many places throughout Florida it is one of the cities I like the least.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tallahassee