Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tallahassee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Tallahassee Stock...Up? Down? Or Nothing gonna change
Up 7 46.67%
Down 3 20.00%
Nothing gonna change 5 33.33%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2011, 03:21 PM

91 posts, read 167,114 times

Advertisements

For all the Tallahassee pros out there, we'd like to hear your HONEST opinion on the future of Tallahassee.......

Tallahassee Stock..Up? Down? Or nothing gonna change......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2011, 06:06 AM
JAS

582 posts, read 2,040,864 times
Up or down for what? Real estate prices? employment/business? general vibe? retirement location?

TLH is a government town, which means that it generally doesn't have the dramatic increases or decreases associated with other areas of FL. Real estate took a dip like everywhere else in the state, and it will likely take another 10 yrs before prices come back to where they were a few yrs ago. State govt cuts would likely affect TLH's growth rate.

I don't see much private business of significance relocating to TLH due to its location/infrastructure and lack of commitment to private businesses.

I guess that I would say "the same". Not necessarily "the same" as now since real estate prices will eventually, although slowly, make their way back up -- but "the same" as it has been in a historical sense -- steady growth.

Old 11-15-2011, 09:14 AM

91 posts, read 167,114 times
Well, just EVERYTHING.........All factors combined. Envision Tally in 10 to 20 years.....What do you see, positive or negative......

Old 11-16-2011, 08:45 AM

729 posts, read 1,299,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Florida Paul View Post
For all the Tallahassee pros out there, we'd like to hear your HONEST opinion on the future of Tallahassee.......

Tallahassee Stock..Up? Down? Or nothing gonna change......
It depends on how long Rick Scott is in office. Self explanatory......

Old 11-16-2011, 11:50 AM

75 posts, read 175,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeartofFlorida View Post
It depends on how long Rick Scott is in office. Self explanatory......
k: thumbs up but i think Florida overall depends on how long rick scott is in office... watch soon south florida will be the next vegas and he will boast that he created 2 jobs. Im still confused as to which type of Floridians voted him in. but then again its Floridians.

Old 11-16-2011, 02:14 PM

7,871 posts, read 10,126,788 times
It depends on the elections and how state government is funded. Tallahassee is a white-collar town.

If the white collars leave, so do all the jobs that provided goods and services to them. State government layoffs have already had a negative effect on the real estate market here.

Old 11-16-2011, 07:28 PM
TD*

1,695 posts, read 4,139,627 times
Tallahassee is gonna be fine.

Old 11-17-2011, 12:01 AM

2,602 posts, read 8,300,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Florida Paul View Post
Well, just EVERYTHING.........All factors combined. Envision Tally in 10 to 20 years.....What do you see, positive or negative......
No change. Just more strip malls, fried chicken restaurants, and check cashing places.

Old 11-17-2011, 04:33 PM

729 posts, read 1,299,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by triumphantmale View Post
k: thumbs up but i think Florida overall depends on how long rick scott is in office... watch soon south florida will be the next vegas and he will boast that he created 2 jobs. Im still confused as to which type of Floridians voted him in. but then again its Floridians.
The type of Floridians that voted him in were the "Floridians against Obama, ergo the Teaparty. Again, this is what happens when you let the hatred for one party or person override good sense. I wonder how many people voted for their own demise... That's funny!

Old 11-17-2011, 06:52 PM

3,262 posts, read 4,997,171 times
I think it's encouraging that Whole Foods plans to construct a store on Thomasville Road, and Publix is in the process of constructing a new store on Mahan Drive. They must think Tallahassee is a decent risk. I've also read that there's going to be a big campaign to get more people to retire to Tallahassee. A lot of people have already found, as I did, that Tallahassee is a nice place to live for a retired person.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tallahassee