Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tallahassee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2012, 10:20 PM

3 posts, read 21,055 times

Advertisements

I used to live in Heritage Park, and I don't think you will find a better apartment complex in Tallahassee. They are owned by a company called Southgroup Inc., go to there website and look at all their apartment complexes. The management at these places is fair, the price is right, and maintenance is wonderful. I have lived at both Heritage Park and Georgetown apartments, and my boyfriend also lived with me and did not have a vehicle. There is a busline right across the street from Heritage Park so he was able to get around great when we lived there, but Georgetown(also had a busline) isn't as close to campus so it was a longer ride. I have a friend who lives at Alumni village, and it's in a bad neighborhood, with high crime rates, BUT rent is month to month. So worse case scenario, if you can't find a place in time, I would suggest settling there and biding yourself a couple months to get to know Tallahassee, and then choosing a place that will suit all your needs. I really would suggest staying away from all of the apartment complexes you mentioned, except for Heritage Park. They are full of noisy undergrads and high in crime, and management is terrible at most of those places. I have lived in Tallahassee as a student since 2005, so I consider myself pretty knowledgable. Let me know if you have any questions, and I will be glad to help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2012, 01:42 PM

1,466 posts, read 3,079,489 times
Just adding on my note Polo club just reduced rates to fill up empty spots our dtr been there 3 years and likes it, she is going to grad school now, son is just moving up and will move in there too
good luck to you with your studies

Old 03-14-2013, 05:52 PM

1 posts, read 940 times
Along with the other posts, I too have been accepted to FSU for graduate school. I would like a place within walking distance. I would like to live in a place with other graduate students, people who want to work hard but can play as well. I was looking at the U Club on Woodward. Does anyone know anything about this complex or the area it is in? Thanks !

Old 03-15-2013, 11:20 PM
TD*

1,695 posts, read 4,141,935 times
U club is BRAND NEW. They knocked the old building down and rebuilt a brand new complex. It is about 3 blocks walk to campus straight up woodward. IF you can afford this complex, because it is brand new, and so close, then rent here. Cant beat the location, and the brand new facilities.

Old 04-08-2013, 11:21 AM

8 posts, read 26,235 times
Namaste friend are you still looking for information on this thread, I think I can help you.

Old 04-08-2013, 11:25 AM

8 posts, read 26,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TD* View Post
U club is BRAND NEW. They knocked the old building down and rebuilt a brand new complex. It is about 3 blocks walk to campus straight up woodward. IF you can afford this complex, because it is brand new, and so close, then rent here. Cant beat the location, and the brand new facilities.
You must work for Uclub, that joint is almost in Frenchtown. I would hardly call that a location you can't beat.

Old 04-10-2013, 05:43 AM

8 posts, read 19,411 times
The U club is in a great location! Just because it borders Frenchtown does not mean that it isn't situated nicely for convenience to the university. Many FSU apartment complexes are located on the fringe of Frenchtown, so what? It is a new complex with amazing amenities and within walking distance to FSU. There are plenty of restaurants and bars 1 block from the property, a grocery store .5 miles away, and it is on the bus route. I find it interesting how, in another thread, you bemoan the loss of the 'artsy' vibe on the formerly dumpy Gaines St. yet for some reason dumpy Frenchtown is a place to be avoided.

Old 04-10-2013, 10:30 AM
TD*

1,695 posts, read 4,141,935 times
Jonnie Stone appears to be trolling because he is not happy with his situation, so he is typecasting the whole city as bad.

Old 04-15-2013, 10:06 AM

161 posts, read 255,427 times
I will go the FSU for grad school as OP (I may stay for a long time, since it is a PhD program). Beside Heritage Park, is there any good but affordable apartment ? I may look for a roommate to share as well. Most of my activity is studying (_ _")
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tallahassee