Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tallahassee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-26-2013, 06:49 AM

44 posts, read 60,159 times

Advertisements

Looking for a good gym to join when I move up to Tally next month.

I have done some research and know there are Gold's, Anytime Fitness, Premier and a few others. I am strictly into weightlifting and cardio. Cross fit, the new work out fad does not interest me. What I do want is a gym that has a good assortment of Hammer Strength machines. Any gyms have Hammer Strength? I will be working at DOT so I will probably join Gold's ($10) because there is one close to the office so lunch workouts are possible. But there is no price for fitness so I will join a better one also if there is one that fits all my needs. Price is not a concern.

Thanks

Tracy
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2013, 09:14 AM
TD*

1,695 posts, read 4,141,556 times
Tracy. Golds seems like your best bet given its location to your work. Golds is certainly not a fancy gym, but they have tons and tons of weights and plenty of machines.

I dont know about hammer strength machines but you can call them and ask..

Another gym that might be an option is the YMCA on the Parkway.

Old 06-26-2013, 09:22 AM
TD*

1,695 posts, read 4,141,556 times
Premier, is far and away the nicest gym in town but it is located over near Killearn which could be very far from your house, and certainly not close to work.

If you live nearby it may be an option..

Anytime fitness and Youfit have recently opens 2 or 3 locations each and they are another option..

There are smaller other options as well. cant list them all

Old 07-01-2013, 07:39 AM

44 posts, read 60,159 times
Thanks for the responses. Went to Tally last Friday. Premier is one of the nicest gyms i have ever saw. Even better than the LA fitness's I have been a member of. Definitely gonna join that Gym if I move close to there. The Golds was ok and I will still probably join it and pay the $10 month because it is so close to work. I have some health problems so it is very important for me to keep in shape so $50-60/month for fitness is always in my budget.

Tracy
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tallahassee