Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tallahassee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-16-2014, 01:34 PM

5 posts, read 6,750 times

Advertisements

Hi, we're relocating to Tallahassee, FL (renting for a year or two at first) and though golf doesn't come before needing a great elementary school (still researching schools) and a decent commute to work (south side of NE Tallahassee), I'm wondering if living near a decent golf course or even in a golf neighborhood is possible? I'm a laid-back golfer (10-12 hcp) that respects the game and the courses I play, and fellow golfers: not a golf snob. I've been spoiled with great courses and great rates ($20-35, sorry but it's true) throughout GA and the Carolinas thanks to golfnow.com, where it's generally easy to find light crowds (if I drive a little out of town, but some are in-town too). If it helps, I'm all but certain we can't afford a rental in a high-end neighborhood such as Golden Eagle so I guess you can exclude those options. Maybe that describes all the options? Hope not. (I've played in S. and SW FL too, where the rates and crowds would probably make me give up the game if I lived there. Please tell me that's not the case in Tally!) So, if you're a golfer and you know Tally, will I just be a weekend-warrior driving to whatever deals I can find, or will golf be able to be a little closer to home where I can hopefully better maintain my game and get the kids into it too? Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2014, 03:24 PM
TD*

1,695 posts, read 4,141,556 times
Look at Killearn, great schools, and a more affordable neighborhood and golf course.

Also Summer Brooke would be another option for the area of town your looking at.

Try those 2, and see if you can find a house, thats more affordable.

Old 03-18-2014, 06:48 AM

176 posts, read 217,149 times
I have not played Killearn since the 1980's, but back then it was an interesting track and a nice neighborhood.

Old 03-18-2014, 03:40 PM

I thought I'd hear from more golfers; they must be out on the course. Still, grateful for the two replies, thanks!

Old 03-18-2014, 08:41 PM
TD*

1,695 posts, read 4,141,556 times
Westing, on that side of town, those are the only other golf courses. Their are courses in other parts of town,

(Capital City, Jake Gaither, Seminole, Southwood, Cross Creek, Hilaman)

Old 03-20-2014, 08:22 AM

Okay, thanks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tallahassee
View detailed profiles of: