U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tallahassee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-28-2013, 08:27 AM

Location: says MA on my license but can be found wandering the beaches of RI
1,432 posts, read 1,627,007 times

Advertisements

I will be visiting my best friend and her husband in Tallahassee this fall. I visited last year and got to see alot of great places while down there. I was doing some searching and came across some info on Cascades Park. Does anyone know of the planned date for it to be complete? I was hoping it would be done by the time I'm down there.

Thanks!
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2013, 02:23 PM
TD*

1,604 posts, read 3,449,626 times
Should be open later this summer

Sent from my HTC DNA using Tapatalk

Old 06-29-2013, 06:33 PM

Excellent! I will be visiting in Oct.

Thanks for the reply

Old 07-31-2013, 05:54 PM
TD*

Sunshine the new estimated opening date for the park is November. Cross your fingers that they speed up and are finished on time.

In July, it rained in Tallahassee almost every day slowing down construction.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Old 07-31-2013, 08:09 PM

Wow, thanks TD for following up on this. I'm disappointed to hear of the delay but fingers crossed...and I certainly understand how rain can ruin things!

I tried to rep you and got a message stating I can't rep the same post twice. Not sure how that message is accurate since I just saw your post two minutes ago.

Anyway, thanks again.

Old 01-20-2014, 03:56 PM

Any date yet for the completion?

I saw that a restaurant was approved to open up at Cascades Park, maybe spring?

Old 01-20-2014, 04:41 PM
TD*

Now it is supposed to be March. I think we are only a few months away.

Old 01-20-2014, 04:51 PM

Hey, that's good news. I look forward to seeing it assuming I'm back down there for another visit with my friends. Something new to look forward to!

I feel very comfortable down there. I've only visited the last couple of years but I've got to explore alot and haven't had a bad experience anywhere.

I lucked out last year fall - was there during the week of the Whole Foods grand opening. They had incredibly buys and I think it might be nicer than the ones up here I go to! I was also there for the grand opening of BJ's restaurant. It's funny, we have a BJ's wholesale warehouse chain up here (not sure if it's down there) so when my friends kept going on and on about "we have to go to BJ's" and were really excited, I couldn't understand what all the hoopla was about (thinking it was the warehouse, lol). For a chain, I was impressed. I guess they buy local for alot of their food and the food we had seemed much more upscale than, say, an Applebea's or a Chili's.

p.s. I wanted to rep you but I guess I need to spread it around some more so thanks for the timely response!

Old 01-20-2014, 10:23 PM
TD*

Sunshine where do you live?

Tallahassee is a very nice city. Great locals, and lots of outdoors stuff to do. The city keeps growing and attracting new things which is nice.

Are you planning on moving here?

The Gaines St/ Madison Mile district is developing nicely, next time your down here, check it out.

Old 01-21-2014, 07:25 AM

I live in New England, born and raised (as do my friends who now live in Tallahassee). I do eventually plan on moving to Florida, most likely St. Pete/Tampa Bay area (the work I do seems to be better suited there) but I do love my Tallahassee visits.

My 'day' trips have been to Panama City/Destin and to Thomasville, GA. I think this year I might try Port St. Joe area. I'd love to do George's Island (is that the correct name?) but it depends on if my friends are up for that. They are more homebodies so we'll see.

From what I've seen, it does appear that Tallahassee is attempting to grow more and attract more (hopefully without losing its charm though!)

How about you, have you always lived there?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tallahassee