Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tallahassee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-07-2013, 08:45 AM

Location: says MA on my license but can be found wandering the beaches of RI
1,432 posts, read 1,817,192 times

Advertisements

When I visited last year, I tried a wide variety of places and really enjoyed trying the different types of foods we don't have up north - or don't have much of. Looking forward to trying anything new that might have opened in the past year so I welcome any feedback!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2013, 06:59 PM
TD*

1,695 posts, read 4,128,284 times
Your in for a big treat. Tons and tons have opened. Go to newks, Hopkins eatery. One fresh stir fry.those are not new but great places.

Sent from my HTC DNA

Old 09-09-2013, 05:27 AM

Thanks TD, you always have good info!

I believe I tried the One Stir Fry when I was there last fall. Is that the one where you are given a menu of ingredients and you get to check off what you want from each category? If so, that place was great! Healthy too.

I wish I could remember the names (or location) of things I tried that I liked. I do remember going to Barnacle Bills and tried Hush Puppies for the first time. And their blackened grouper was really good. I went to a crepe place downtown and a little 'shack' that was possibly Cuban. I also remember a barbeque type place that had an old car or truck out front. I went because they had brisket on the menu and unfortunately, you rarely see that up north for some reason. Oh, and for fun, there was a snow cone place by Lake Ella. That was a popular place. I had the strawberry cheesecake flavor, delish!

I will have to try your recommendations, thank you.

On the flip side, are there any I should stay away from? lol (I rarely go to national chain restaurants so no need to mention those)

Old 09-09-2013, 06:37 PM
TD*

1,695 posts, read 4,128,284 times
Oh, you need to go to Woodchucks Cafe for breakfast.

Also try Monks, or Vertigo burger.. Great local places for burgers. Birds oyster shack gets a nod for its burgers to apparently.

Old 09-16-2013, 09:11 AM

5 posts, read 30,506 times
Lofty Pursuits for ice cream! Also in the same strip mall, Sidecar Gastrobar. Be prepared for somewhat loud bar atmosphere without separate table service (bartenders double as waitstaff), but the food was terrific.

Old 09-16-2013, 09:46 AM

Thank you for the suggestions. I cannot wait!!!

Old 01-07-2014, 10:54 PM

4,309 posts, read 6,427,063 times
Default Any Caribbean flair, over there?

Jamaican, Trinidadian, etc... a taste of the "islands" around anywhere? Where would I go to get a good roti? Some conch fitters perhaps? (Bahamian).

Caribbean Ting: ROTI
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tallahassee