Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tallahassee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-17-2013, 07:29 AM

1 posts, read 879 times

Advertisements

We are two young college seniors who are considering moving to Tallahassee. We like golf, photography and cultural activities. Where would you advise us to look? If possible, please include zip codes. Thanks for answering!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2013, 02:37 PM

3,261 posts, read 4,994,595 times
Your post confuses me a little -- I need more details. You're young college seniors? Like age 20?

Why are you considering moving to Tallahassee? Do you have a job? Are you going to be going to school?

Do you want to rent an apartment, or a house? Or do you want to buy something? What is your price range? What kind of neighborhood do you like? Do you have a car, or will you be relying on public transportation or bicycle? And do you, as your screen name implies, have four cats that you'll be bringing?

Old 11-18-2013, 11:49 AM
TD*

1,695 posts, read 4,138,149 times
Moon don't be rude.

Look in zip 32312

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk

Old 11-18-2013, 01:03 PM

Didn't think I was being rude. Certainly didn't intend to.

I want to give useful information, so I need to know more. How do you know 32312 is best for their needs?

Old 11-18-2013, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WellShoneMoon View Post
Why are you considering moving to Tallahassee? Do you have a job? Are you going to be going to school?

Do you want to rent an apartment, or a house? Or do you want to buy something? What is your price range? What kind of neighborhood do you like? Do you have a car, or will you be relying on public transportation or bicycle? And do you, as your screen name implies, have four cats that you'll be bringing?
Actually, let me be a little bit clearer. I'm asking these questions for a reason. OP, if you are going to be, say, going to graduate school at FSU, and you want to rent an apartment, and you don't have a car, then I would recommend some areas on the bus line. Or if you plan to bicycle to campus (some people do) then I might recommend something different.

If you are going to be working, say, at the Capitol, and you want a suburban lifestyle and you do have a car, then my recommendation would be something else entirely. (In that situation, 32312, as TD* recommends, might work well.) But if you're working at the airport, then 32312 would be quite distant from your job, and it would make for a long commute.

And since your screen name is 4CatLady, it's possible that you have four cats. In which case, you probably need to think about buying a place, since it might be difficult to rent with four cats.

Sorry if I came across as rude. I asked all these questions to help me to give you better information.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tallahassee