Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tallahassee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-29-2007, 07:04 AM

5 posts, read 16,605 times

Advertisements

I need some advice. I am living in Murphy, NC, selling my house (hopefully) and considering on moving to Tall. FL. I am a single mother of two boys 12 & 14, both A,B, students, athletes in football, wrestling, soccer, cross country. I have live in Naples FL prior to moving to the sticks. I would love to move back there, however, I can't affor it. A friend mentioned Tall. FL. to me, but I know nothing about it.
After selling my home, I should be able to afford a home for $100-130K. My bachelors is in Criminal Justice/Social Justice. How is the employment in that field, schools, and housing? I would probably need some aid from state or federal funds for a leg up until our feet are planted securely. Any suggestions ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2007, 04:27 PM

295 posts, read 1,450,267 times
Homes for $100-$130k will be tough to find in Tallahassee, but not impossible. Havana, Quincy, south Georgia, and some rural areas offer some homes in that price range. The Florida Dept. of Law Enforcement, Tallahassee Police Dept., Tallahassee Highway Patrol, rural sheriffs offices, and lots of law firms could all use your education.

Old 11-30-2007, 02:01 PM

5 posts, read 16,605 times
Default Tallahassee

Thanks for the info. Can you tell me the names of counties, and or towns that have housing around 100-130K?

Old 11-30-2007, 04:35 PM

295 posts, read 1,450,267 times
check out the MLS listings at realtor.com for starters...
search on Zip code 32308, and about 20 miles out.

Old 03-07-2009, 11:05 PM

10 posts, read 50,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joyceb View Post
I need some advice. I am living in Murphy, NC, selling my house (hopefully) and considering on moving to Tall. FL. I am a single mother of two boys 12 & 14, both A,B, students, athletes in football, wrestling, soccer, cross country. I have live in Naples FL prior to moving to the sticks. I would love to move back there, however, I can't affor it. A friend mentioned Tall. FL. to me, but I know nothing about it.
After selling my home, I should be able to afford a home for $100-130K. My bachelors is in Criminal Justice/Social Justice. How is the employment in that field, schools, and housing? I would probably need some aid from state or federal funds for a leg up until our feet are planted securely. Any suggestions ?
Well for Tallahassee their are plenty of jobs-and for a house(in an ok neighborhood) you could go to the norheastside(killearn)it is a REALLY nice area of tally,but it is expensive. a differnt area is Wakulla its about 15min south of downtown. Parts of wakulla are better than others, but overall its not to expensive

Old 03-08-2009, 01:31 AM
TD*

1,695 posts, read 4,141,556 times
You can definately find a house in tallahassee or in leon county which is in your price range.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tallahassee