U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tallahassee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2014, 09:16 AM
TD*

1,608 posts, read 3,465,930 times

Advertisements

In the morning rush hour commute it is heavy. Not only is all of North East Tally using that route to get to work, people who commute from South Georgia (Thomasville, Cairo) make the traffic heavy.

The Road does not stay congested for long though, and only ive heard during morning commutes is it an issue.

Very minor issue at that.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2014, 07:13 AM

80 posts, read 186,308 times
thank you, you have been so helpful!

Old 05-14-2014, 01:20 PM

744 posts, read 1,129,077 times
When I was in grad school at FSU I rented the lower floor of a house on McDaniel St. near Leon High School above 5 miles from FSU's campus. It had two bedrooms, one of which we used as an office, a kitchen, and a living room. The lady who owned the house was terrific. I would look on Craigslist and see if you can find a similar rental.

Old 05-24-2014, 04:52 PM

46 posts, read 64,297 times
I have lived in Tallahassee for 8 years and have spent the entirety of it living right off of Old Bainbridge Rd. north of I-10. I currently live in a small (4 buildings with 28 units total) complex that was built in 2004. This may be a bit too big for you as all units are 3/2, but my rent is only $925 a month. When I was still a student I could make it to class within 15 minutes max, even to 8 AM classes when everyone was heading to work.

If you aren't opposed to having two extra rooms, check into Camellia Gardens (3400 Old Bainbridge). Majority of the neighborhood seem to be mid-late 20's to 30's and working, as during the day the complex is nearly empty. Never had any issue with partying or crime.

Old 05-24-2014, 06:51 PM

9 posts, read 12,310 times
Steflee55,
Don't mean to jump into your conversation, but have you looked into SummerChase Condo Community? They are nice, safe and under $1000 for a two bedroom 1344sf apt. 4434 Gearhart Road. It's ground level, but cops ride through there at least daily and there's a property manager that lives in the community. No problems with noise (I know because I lived there for four years). They usually have some units listed on craigslist.org, but if you can't find any let me know and I can do a little searching for you. Hope this helps,
Cynthia
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tallahassee
View detailed profiles of: