Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tallahassee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-02-2014, 07:16 PM

7 posts, read 8,950 times

Advertisements

Hi-
We are moving to Tallahassee in 2 weeks. I have 3 children. Ages 8, 6, 2. Do the children wear uniforms in the public school system there? (living in Southwood area) Any daycares or childcare programs to avoid or good ones for my 2 yr old. It will be a long summer since we are not familiar with the area, any suggestions on summer activities? Any fun things for adults? Any info would help, the day I move there will be the first time I have been there. Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2014, 02:21 PM
TD*

1,695 posts, read 4,141,935 times
No uniforms, unless they are enrolled at John Paul II Catholic school.. Florida High doesnt have uniforms I dont think..

The elementary school in southwood doesnt have uniforms.

Activities:

GO to Wakulla Springs and Swim in the beautiful spring with your family, Nice and cold.

Take a boat ride at wakulla springs.

Go to St. Marks Wildlife Refuge. Go to the coast there by the lighthouse.. Nice birdwatching, wildlife viewing, and biking area.

Go to Maclay Gardens State Park with Family.

Go to Bradleys Country store for a classic sausage dog.

Closest Swimmable nice beach is St George Island... Nice for day trips and weekend excursions 1.5 hour away. Also while your there, snag some fresh seafood in Appalachicola.

In Tallahassee check out Florida State Campus, and attend the sports there year round.

Tallahassee Museum has a nice small zoo area of florida animals, and a Zipline/high ropes course.

Proof brewing company is fun, visit both of their locations, brewpub on W. Tennessee, and Railroad Square BRewery location.

First Friday Gallery Hop at RR Square

Food Truck Thursday at Lake Ella.

Old 06-03-2014, 04:55 PM

Thanks! That will be a lot of new things to try!

Old 06-05-2014, 12:10 PM

3 posts, read 5,668 times
Tallahassee Junior Museum and Tom Brown Park for the young ones. My grandchildren love both of these. A year membership at the junior museum for a family is like $60 and well worth it. There are many many events out there, and there's the farm with the animals and nice wooden walkways all over the place to see deer, bears, panthers, etc. and a really nice playground, a place to grab a burger or snacks. There's an old schoolhouse, church and plantation home there as a train caboose. WE have been going for over 30 years. Tom Brown has a nice park and there is a new one near Franklin Blvd., that is very nice, there is the city pool and they can enroll in city activities; my grandchildren are in dance, and gymnastics once a week. There is chuck e cheese, Lake Ella to feed the ducks, and of course the beach, if you want to travel for a day.

Old 06-09-2014, 09:47 AM

Awesome- Thanks Summerbee
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tallahassee