U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tallahassee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2014, 08:41 AM

4 posts, read 11,995 times

Advertisements

Hello and Help, lol, I am a single mother from Tennessee and I am relocating to Tallahassee Florida in 2015, I have a 15yr, 13yr, 3yr old, I am in the medical field, I take care of adults with mental disabilities. I will be transferring my job and me and my children are excited! we were in between Macon GA, Panama City Florida, and Tallahassee.We are visiting these places in October, to get a feel, but it wont be the last, being that I am relocating. If any know places for me and my family could go and adventure, I would greatly appreciated. Im really not interested in the cons, I have seen my share of them while browsing online. We are a faith based family and I believe life is what YOU make it. Also I would like to finish my nursing degree that is another reason why Tally is on my mind, but i will read and listen to all comments but these places are not all bad, there has got be more in Macon, then just crime and more in panama, then the beach and rednecks, and more in tally then just college students. Clarksville tn is where im at and it is a college/military town, thanks
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2014, 08:28 PM

1,897 posts, read 2,393,107 times
Tally is a nice place to live I think and very interesting place to explore so I all I can say is drive around and see if you like it or not.

Old 09-22-2014, 02:25 PM

6,853 posts, read 20,740,284 times
Moved to Tallahasseee forum.

Old 09-26-2014, 04:02 PM

Thanks for the feed back

Old 09-26-2014, 04:07 PM

4,922 posts, read 5,474,498 times
Tally is not a bad place. It is a college town with real southern charm. Tallahassee is nothing in cultural to the rest of Florida its more similar to Alabama culture and deep southern culture. The people are extremely friendly in that part of Florida. I am in graduate school for health care and Florida is a great state to move to if you want to work in health care. I am thinking of moving from Kentucky to Tennessee, Arizona or Florida because its really easy to get a job in health care in some states. Good Luck with your move.

Old 09-27-2014, 05:54 AM

Thank you ukwildcat1981, I have to finish my nursing degree as well, do they have LPN courses available?

Old 09-27-2014, 05:55 AM

48 posts, read 118,608 times
A good place to take the kids when you visit Tallahassee would be the Tallahassee Museum. You will hear it called the junior museum by the locals. It has zip lining that your older kids might like and plenty of animal exhibits for the little one.
Welcome to the Tallahassee Museum : Tallahassee Museum

Old 09-28-2014, 12:18 AM

12 posts, read 16,605 times
Unless Tallahassee has gone downhill since the 80's (which I doubt), then it's a wonderful place to live. I wouldn't trade my FSU experience for anything. That said, it's no more a "college town" than it is a "government town" or any other neat label. It's a nice, diverse mix. It's hilly - unlike the rest of Florida, which adds to its uniqueness. Best of all, it has a homey, grounded feel. I spent 4 years in the Tampa Bay area and felt like I was on vacation the whole time. The people around me seemed very transient. Not so in Tallahassee. Also, while it may be off the Florida tourist map, there is a LOT to do. It's not some sleepy southern town.

The best advice is to visit. That is how I was able to choose between UF and FSU. Once I saw Tallahassee and the FSU campus, I knew it was where I wanted to be.

Old 09-28-2014, 10:16 AM

My children and I will be visiting in October, we have been in Clarksville Tn all our lives, and Tallahassee seem like it will feel like home we love to travel so I do consider the close beaches, but I wouldnt want to live close to one due to hurricanes. I have reseached the best High School and I would want to live in those areas. If any one can direct me to the areas of Lincoln High, Leon, Chiles High School, I do have help with my children with with the state that I live in due do being a student and working two jobs, If any one have information for single mothers that dont abuse help, I dont know of any townhomes or condos that will accept my government help in housing.

Old 10-02-2014, 06:41 PM

16 posts, read 44,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mzkittykat1981 View Post
My children and I will be visiting in October, we have been in Clarksville Tn all our lives, and Tallahassee seem like it will feel like home we love to travel so I do consider the close beaches, but I wouldnt want to live close to one due to hurricanes. I have reseached the best High School and I would want to live in those areas. If any one can direct me to the areas of Lincoln High, Leon, Chiles High School, I do have help with my children with with the state that I live in due do being a student and working two jobs, If any one have information for single mothers that dont abuse help, I dont know of any townhomes or condos that will accept my government help in housing.

For lower income housing and Chiles, try Cypress Pointe Apartments. We lived there before it was lower income housing and thought it was very good.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tallahassee