U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tallahassee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-24-2015, 09:21 PM

1 posts, read 1,450 times

Advertisements

Hi, I'm a 20 year old female from Oklahoma City and I was wondering where I should move to in Florida. I have family living in Melbourne. I've been saving and don't plan on moving until probably December 2015/January 2016. I am still unsure of what to do with my life, I just need to get away and 'find myself' and I love Florida and have always wanted to live there, so I feel like that's perfect. I would like to live in a college town preferably (or at least close to one) so I can meet people my age and go out. I want to know what I should know about living in Florida, living costs, things to do for people my age, how easy it is to find a job even if it's in a restaurant.. I'm hoping one day I'll be able to go to college, I would just like to save and pay for it myself, with the help of scholarships and grants so that's another reason I'd like to live near one of the universities there, so I can meet the people there and sort of get the college experience. Any input is appreciated
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2015, 09:52 PM

1,897 posts, read 2,368,369 times
Gainesville and also check out Orlando which is nice.

Old 03-31-2015, 01:19 PM

1 posts, read 1,351 times
If you want a fresh start, Tallahassee probably is not the city for you. It is a nice place to live, but your options for employment are limited. I would suggest Orlando, you will be closer to Melbourne that way.

Old 04-02-2015, 02:31 PM

3 posts, read 3,135 times

Old 04-13-2015, 07:26 AM

2 posts, read 1,944 times
Orlando, I moved there around your age and it was very easy to find a job. I had a couple interviews lined up before I moved over there. I lived in Oviedo which is close to UCF the university there. It was very affordable but a quiet place. I later moved near downtown Disney because I was working at the theme parks. I was attending Valencia community college , I had 2 of the campuses about a 20 minute drive from me. I worked in Discovery Cove and I have to admit that till this day that was my favorite job I have ever had. Co-workers, and management were all extremely nice and understanding . You will need a form of transportation(car). I just don't know if having one job will give you enough income to live on your own. To pay for rent, utilities, car etc...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tallahassee