U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tallahassee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-28-2006, 08:19 AM

12 posts, read 64,199 times

Advertisements

Hi Everyone,
My husband has the opportunity to relocate to St. Teresa and the FSU marine lab this summer. We have been told that we should begin our house hunting somewhere between Tallahassee and St. Teresa.(so his commute is about 30 minutes). What does anyone know about Crawfordville area. We currently live in Beaufort, North Carolina. A small, somewhat rural coastal town. Looking for rural area where we can own some acres of land. We have 2 daughters, one starting high school next year so schools are a priority. I have checked out Wakulla High and the COAST Charter School. Both seem ok but any feedback would be so wonderful.
Thank you in advance
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2007, 09:14 PM

3 posts, read 9,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oceanmom View Post
Hi Everyone,
My husband has the opportunity to relocate to St. Teresa and the FSU marine lab this summer. We have been told that we should begin our house hunting somewhere between Tallahassee and St. Teresa.(so his commute is about 30 minutes). What does anyone know about Crawfordville area. We currently live in Beaufort, North Carolina. A small, somewhat rural coastal town. Looking for rural area where we can own some acres of land. We have 2 daughters, one starting high school next year so schools are a priority. I have checked out Wakulla High and the COAST Charter School. Both seem ok but any feedback would be so wonderful.
Thank you in advance
i'm a wakulla county native,i raised my children here. Wonder why nobody posted. There is nothing here for kids. My grandchildren will not be attending the schools here beyond the 5th grade. In my opinion your husband should look somewhere else. Don't judge Wakulla by what the front of the book. You should really look behind closed doors. COAST discriminates against kids who have medical problems. They also have not passed the FCAT which is a state test that determines if your child should advance. They teach what they want to teach. They have a big turn over of employees. There is no security for the kids. Someone can walk right into the school and take the kids with no knowledge to the people that actually work there. They do have a few good teachers, but not many. Do you know what the good ol boy system is??? It is in full force here!!! Unless you have deep pockets. More questions, post them and we shall reply.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tallahassee