U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tallahassee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2018, 07:41 AM

368 posts, read 158,478 times

Advertisements

Based on what you've said, I'd pick the area around Lake Eola in Orlando. Loads of mid to high rise condos, just outside the CBD, close to very interesting areas like the Mills-50 and museum districts, and their airport (for that 50% of the time you have to travel) is far & away the best of all the cities you've mentioned as far as flight availability and cost.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2018, 04:50 PM

16 posts, read 9,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mph101 View Post
The first question I ask about is flood insurance. All of these locations are at risk for having huge flood insurance liability. Inland floods too. Outside of tidal storm surge which is rare but lethal the ocean front doesnt flood compared to inland low elevation areas in prolonged rains.These rates will continue to rapidly climb.
Second question I ask is what type of internet connection is available.
If the answer is good then I view the property.
Later I research to confirm I was given accurate information on both questions.

I'm with you on flood insurance. Anything in a floodplain is automatically out. I'm not interested.

Old 01-01-2019, 01:02 PM

838 posts, read 735,741 times
"walkable" Here is your problem.. Most of North Florida is either rural, places you don't want to live, or places like Amelia Island that are either 55+ or way over 200k..

I'm 36 and I have land in Liberty because I didn't want the threat of HOA and bad neighbors or swamped by tourist garbage.. I can be in Key West in a few hours or NC in about 6..

Old 01-21-2019, 03:41 PM

22,261 posts, read 32,742,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzebee View Post
Look at Winter Park and don’t look back! They have light rail, great non-chain and chain restaurants and it’s very walkable.
And is about as diverse as vanilla ice cream. OP, despite some of the negatives you're going to hear I would recommend checking out the walkable historic neighborhoods adjoining Downtown Sanford. The downtown area has an unspoiled historic quality, is well into revitalization efforts with a very diverse population in terms of race and age involved in the process, and a wealth of bars/breweries as well as many independent restaurants to keep you busy.

https://www.orlandodatenightguide.co...-drinksanford/
https://www.sanfordfl.gov/department...toric-district
https://photos.orlandoweekly.com/20-...nchild__-insta
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tallahassee