Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tallahassee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-16-2019, 08:18 AM

251 posts, read 260,249 times

Advertisements

My wife and I live in Fort Walton Beach and are looking for a short weekend trip close to home. We've never been to Tallahassee. What is fun to do for a couple of days in town? Good restaurants? Shopping?

Appreciate any feedback.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2019, 08:26 AM

18,427 posts, read 8,258,982 times
https://thelodgeatwakullasprings.com/

Old 07-16-2019, 08:39 PM
JAS

582 posts, read 2,040,864 times
Some local/state history ideas ... tour the "old" capitol building, top of the "new" capitol, downtown, FL history museum, walk through Cascades Park for local history; walk through FSU; Mission San Luis; canopy roads driving tour in the northeast. If you were from an inland location I would say a quick drive to one of the coastal areas, but you already live near salt water .. nothing new to see.

Things to do list
Capitol Complex
Mission San Luis
Canopy roads map

Shopping ... probably nothing of significance that any other area city its size would have. Maybe the museum store at the history museum for FL merchandise and books/gifts. Boutiques here and there, but not my specialty.

Dining ... the Edison at Casades Park; "midtown" area is popular for nightlife; Collegetown near campus; Andrews downtown, you could check websites for rankings/reviews in TLH. It's not much to look at from the outside, but this is one of my favorites .. Cabo's

Bradfordville Blues Club if you are into Blues and you aren't scared of the dark (it is an authentic and popular juke joint north of town) B'ville Blues Club

More to do during the school year when FSU has performances/sports/events/etc. The city isn't too busy during the summer since most of the students are out of town and workers vacationing in general.

Old 07-17-2019, 12:50 PM

251 posts, read 260,249 times
Thanks for all of the suggestions. I was kind of hoping that there would be a nice city center with some shopping, dining, entertainment options? A place where people kinda congregate on a weekend.

Old 07-17-2019, 07:11 PM
TD*

1,695 posts, read 4,139,627 times
Midtown is an idea. Lots of bars and restaurants there. Check out Kool Beanz, Food Glorious Food, or Bella Bella for dinner. Those are 3 great local places in midtown. After dinner, walk to 5th Avenue area for bars and a drink, most likely live music as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tallahassee