U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tallahassee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-30-2008, 07:18 AM

4 posts, read 5,438 times

Advertisements

Hey folks.. going to visit Tallahassee for a few days soon... was hoping to hear about those of you who have been there.. what is there to do in Tallahassee.. best food spots, best activities to do as a family, best places to see... ect .. ect.. If you could recommend something great.. I will take your word for it and check it out myself. THANKS for your responses.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2008, 08:42 AM

17,288 posts, read 27,531,626 times
Hmmm...

Definitely check out the Capitol complex. Visit the "old capitol," as well as the "new capitol" building, and go to the very top of the tower, which often hosts art exhibits and has a beautiful panoramic view of the city.

Also, there's a science museum, hostory museum, and IMAX theater right across the street, and you can get a good meal at Harry's (billed as "New Orleans style" food).

I'd also recommend a short drive to Wakulla Springs to do a glass bottom boat ride and alligator watching, and if you want to drive about an hour to the city of Marianna, definitely check out Florida Caverns State Park.

If you want some campus vibe, check out MoMo's pizza on Tennessee Street for "Pizza as big as your head" and some people watching. There's also a Historic Mission off Tennsessee Street that is pretty interesting.

Other finer dining choices include Food Glorious Food and Fusion. For shopping, head to the Governor's Square Mall. Good family chain food fare can be had at On the Border, and it's right across the street from Lake Ella, which is nice for feeding ducks (though you're not supposed to, lol) and strolling around the lake.

Old 06-30-2008, 08:48 AM
TD*

1,628 posts, read 3,597,144 times
Very good suggestions.... Definately go 20 miles south of tallahassee to Wakulla Springs State park! There is a swimming area in the crystal clear water and a high dive as well!

Also check out our parks, we have great city parks, check out Tom Brown Park!

Old 06-30-2008, 11:15 AM

7,887 posts, read 9,513,130 times
I take a "shortcut" around Lake Ella just about every day on the way home. It is only a matter of time before I get home and find one of those damn geese stuck in my grill.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tallahassee