U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tallahassee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2007, 11:18 AM

9 posts, read 42,655 times

Advertisements

We are considering a move to Tallahassee in the near future. We are early
50's and soon to be empty nesters . We lived in Pinellas County for several years before moving away and really miss FL but definitely don't want the congestion of that area. We wouldn't mind a smaller town outside of Tallahassee,or the outskirts. As I said we will be empty nesters, but our family has been saying if you would move out of "hickville" we would love to move closer to you, and that of couse sounds wonderful to us!! We came through Tally once and enjoyed the way the city looked. But looks and living there can be very different. Does anyone have any great advise for areas of tally to consider or other towns, or are we crazy even to consider moving back to FL??
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2007, 11:46 AM

13,395 posts, read 42,766,279 times
Try using the search button here in this forum, there has been discussion of Tallahassee. I personally think it is a lovely city, but yes, looking and living are two different things.
If you perused the current threads here you've certainly seen the good, bad and ugly of living in Florida, we do have our issues here.

Old 03-09-2007, 01:30 PM

9 posts, read 42,655 times
A lovely city is what we thought on our way through. I have been reading in the Florida Forum and have found many post about Tallahassee, but the search button i was not familiar with, Thanks!!! And of course every city has it's problems and issues and we realize that. Guess I am looking for someone who lives in that area to tell me that it isn't like the Tampa, Clearwater, Largo area. From what I saw it wasn't, but again we were only on our way through. Thanks cil

Old 03-10-2007, 09:52 AM

942 posts, read 1,208,169 times
Hi 1sunlover, I am in your age group also, I am 57, and I actually am going to Tallahassee this week, to investigate the area, I want to retire in a warmer lower cost area than the west coast. I also don't want the large croweded overpriced areas of fla either, and Tallahassee was recommended to me several times. I do, like many people though know that visiting and living somewhere are two different things, so I have to really put it all in persepctive when I get there, and then get back home to Portland. I am going to be looking in the northeast section of the city, but I will be renting, since if it did not feel right after 1 year, then that would be easier than if I had a house to sell. Good Luck

Old 03-10-2007, 09:55 AM

Oregonrain
It would be great if you could report back here and let everyone know what you think about Tally and the area.

Old 03-10-2007, 09:58 AM

9,368 posts, read 23,941,495 times
Oregon-

Make time to go to the top of the capital building- beautiful view and well worth the price- $0! You can park around Adams Street Common and walk over.

Can't wait to hear about your trip!

Old 03-10-2007, 10:13 AM

942 posts, read 1,208,169 times
I definitely will report back about my trip to Tallahassee, I am spending 1 week there, and in my little rental car, will be crisscrossing the local area, and out to the gulf coast. I will definitely go visit the capitol bldg and go to the top of it.

Old 03-10-2007, 10:18 AM

9,368 posts, read 23,941,495 times
Havana is cute- just to the north- art/antique shops. And if you go to the coast and have time- St. George Island and Apalachicola would make a nice day trip. You'll go through Carabelle and some neat little shrimping towns.

Will chill now, as I am getting envious!

Old 03-10-2007, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hereinfla View Post
St. George Island and Apalachicola would make a nice day trip. You'll go through Carabelle and some neat little shrimping towns.
Well heck, if you go that far east you might as well stop at the Indian Pass Raw Bar for oysters and beer, only about 15 minutes from where I live.

Old 03-10-2007, 01:23 PM

17,288 posts, read 27,606,875 times
Well, as with any city, let's talk about your price range and then we can talk about the best areas for your money!!

(Also, do you prefer traditional neighborhoods... or acres of land and seclusion?)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tallahassee