U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tallahassee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-23-2009, 06:10 PM

9 posts, read 44,890 times

Advertisements

Hi. I was wondering if there are any buses that go to/from Monticello and other good areas that are in the country-like settings down there in and/or around Tally and Monticello area? I'm in southern NJ and am looking to perhaps move to that area. I'm not disabled and not a senior citizen. I just don't have my license (never did so please don't go into asking me about any of that). Thanks.
Heidi
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2009, 07:03 PM

8,040 posts, read 4,658,914 times
Tallahassee has StarMetro bus lines, but Monticello (Jefferson County) has no public transportation that I am aware of.

P.S. Just so you know, Florida (especially North Florida) is not a very accomodating place when it comes to public transportation. It is very personal auto-oriented.

Old 02-24-2009, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FSUMike View Post
Tallahassee has StarMetro bus lines, but Monticello (Jefferson County) has no public transportation that I am aware of.

P.S. Just so you know, Florida (especially North Florida) is not a very accomodating place when it comes to public transportation. It is very personal auto-oriented.
Are there any country-like settings in Tally where buses go then in a good and safer area? Thanks for your reply.
Heidi

Old 02-24-2009, 06:21 PM

8,040 posts, read 4,658,914 times
There are many safe and country-like settings in Tallahassee, but I'm not sure if the buses go out that far. Here's a link to Tallahassee's bus system...
StarMetro - Talgov.com

Old 02-24-2009, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FSUMike View Post
There are many safe and country-like settings in Tallahassee, but I'm not sure if the buses go out that far. Here's a link to Tallahassee's bus system...
StarMetro - Talgov.com
I looked on there but don't know the areas and can't tell where the country-like areas are, etc. Thanks anyway.

Old 02-25-2009, 04:58 AM

12 posts, read 27,766 times
Default Re: Monticello public transportation??

Hi,
I know Monticello has no public transportation.My friend is stay there so i think he knows everything about it.

Old 02-25-2009, 06:04 AM
JAS

582 posts, read 1,927,676 times
Default Country areas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock2HAL View Post
I looked on there but don't know the areas and can't tell where the country-like areas are, etc. Thanks anyway.
You should assume that anywhere considered a "country area" will not have bus service. North Florida is sparsely populated and doesn't have the demand for public transportation.

Tallahassee itself isn't densely populated compared to larger cities and towns in the northeast. It would be very hard to live there, in my opinion, without an automobile (unless you are a young college student who doesn't wander far from campus, but that doesn't appear to be your situation).

Old 02-26-2009, 07:12 PM
TD*

1,673 posts, read 3,740,749 times
You would need a car to live in monticello and commute but it would be worth it!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

>