U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tallahassee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-09-2007, 11:40 AM

975 posts, read 3,570,461 times

Advertisements

What is this city like? This is the one part of Florida I've never been to. Would it be a decent place to live for a couple years before getting into a better part of Fla?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2007, 12:29 PM

13,495 posts, read 35,584,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by INeedAChange View Post
What is this city like? This is the one part of Florida I've never been to. Would it be a decent place to live for a couple years before getting into a better part of Fla?
HI need a change. there are a few people here who live up in that area, Cil and Sunrico and they have a wealth of info about the panhandle of Fla.

While we're waiting for someone to come along, I'd suggest that you go to the top of the page. It says, "Search" and just type in Tallahassee. We've had a few discussions about it and some pretty in depth info is here. It may even answer a few of the questions that you may have about it.

Old 04-09-2007, 12:42 PM

13,395 posts, read 42,768,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by INeedAChange View Post
As far as I am concerned, it *is* a better part of Florida.
I haven't spent loads of time there, but what I have seen is beautiful.
Lots of "canopy roads" with huge oak trees, and Florida State's campus is lovely.
Hopefully I will spend a little bit more time there over the next few years; our younger son will be going to college there.
Do a Search and read what's been said and maybe you'll get a better idea of the place.

Old 04-10-2007, 01:55 PM

3 posts, read 19,753 times
Tallahassee is nice. Definitely a lot less "Floridian" and more Southern than the rest of Florida. Tally is also complemented with many rolling hills.
As for the question asking whether Tally is a decent place to live depends from person to person. First of all, it feels more quaint than other places like Tampa or Orlando. Also, Tally is a college town, and with college towns people have varying preferences. The only bad part is that it is too cold here during the wintertime (for me).

Old 04-10-2007, 02:05 PM

894 posts, read 4,146,512 times
my son attends FSU in Tallahassee. We drove down this past weekend. It is definately a college town, especially close to the campus. My son lives in the NW section that is very transient with college kids, lower rent areas, etc. I think the NE section is more towards the capital and little more upscale.

Old 04-10-2007, 03:17 PM

1,418 posts, read 9,770,270 times
Tallahassee is a decent looking town. However, it is a college town and this isn't allways that great. Also, thre are WAY TOO MANY government employees living in that town. I interviewed for jobs up there many years ago, and decided that most everyone I met was of the "government worker" mentality. Just not the place for me.

Old 04-10-2007, 08:21 PM

39 posts, read 44,769 times
Thumbs up tallahassee is great

tally is the only place in FL i like. but it is still too hot for me
i grew up there and i love to go back and visit. it is soooooooo green. lots of trees everywhere........and i don't mean palm trees. it has a lot of character and it has grown so much; there are tons of people that aren't from there
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tallahassee