U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tallahassee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-02-2009, 09:08 PM

193 posts, read 496,031 times

Advertisements

My dad and I are going to the Fla State vs Jax State game September 12th at Doak Campbell Stadium. Since the parking lot at the stadium will be hard to come by, where is the next best place to park close to the stadium? Also, where does all the tailgating happen around the stadium? Do we need a permit to do this or do people tailgate wherever they can find parking?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2009, 03:12 AM

57 posts, read 828,058 times
Lets just say this....any paved lot on campus is a booster parking space that you can't park in. But there will be tons of other great spots around the stadium. Basically anything within a mile is good. There are a lot of places off of W. Pensacola St. that charge 10-15 bucks to park. Many are churches or other organizations. We always tailgate at our car, and then go walk around to others closer the stadium. It will be a tough game to judge, because I'm not sure how many peeople will be there. Many will either go the Miami game earlier in the week, or just go to the JSU one. Overall, if it is your first FSU game, have fun! It will be a great experience!

Old 09-03-2009, 05:42 AM
JAS

582 posts, read 1,896,645 times
Default parking

There are a couple of lots on the farthest edge of campus away from the stadium that aren't reserved for Boosters (near the School of Theatre, for example), but it is far away from the tailgating atmosphere. You may want to consider parking at the Civic Center or in a private pay lot as the other poster mentioned.

By the way, I'm guessing that this will be the least attended game of the year, so the atmosphere probably won't be as good as other games, and that also means that you may not have as much trouble finding a parking spot. I say this because Jax State is a 1-AA opponent and the game is only a few days after the Miami game. Some people like me are traveling into town (I live in ATL) for the Miami game on Monday night, but I'm not coming down for the Jax State game.

Old 09-04-2009, 04:02 AM

894 posts, read 4,136,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAS View Post
By the way, Some people like me are traveling into town (I live in ATL) for the Miami game on Monday night, but I'm not coming down for the Jax State game.

My husband and I live in Atlanta, our son goes to FSU, my husband is a diehard Cane Fan, and we going to Tally for the weekend to enjoy the "festivities" No game though, Monday night at 8:00pm, what were they thinking We will have to listen to it on the way home.

Old 09-04-2009, 09:57 AM

7,887 posts, read 9,506,768 times
If you get there early enough and don't mind walking a bit (if you are male and have a pulse, the walk will prove quite scenic ) you can park several blocks away on any side of campus.

The sororities, fraternities and some local business provide some parking - for a price - as well. It's all a matter of how far you want to walk...

That being said, I would not park more than a few blocks SOUTH of the stadium as this is not the best area in Tallahassee.

Old 09-04-2009, 01:20 PM

2,602 posts, read 7,715,125 times
I think there's a shuttle bus or two that will run along Jefferson or Pensacola or something.

Old 09-06-2009, 09:08 PM

193 posts, read 496,031 times
For those who can't use booster parking at the stadium, how is using the shuttle bus from the civic center to the stadium and back vs. parking in those lots by greek life/churches, etc or in the parking garage on campus? Is it cheaper and more importantly less hassle?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tallahassee