Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tallahassee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2010, 07:45 AM

1 posts, read 4,031 times

Advertisements

I’m new to Tallahassee and having trouble finding a decent pizza place. I’m not really into the national chain type of pizza (like Dominos or Pizza hut). I’m more into traditional NY pizza, but anything that doesn’t taste like cardboard or make me feel sick after eating would be great. A restaurant that also has some Italian food on their menu would be a nice bonus.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2010, 08:10 AM

2,994 posts, read 5,770,366 times
You need something like Geno's which is popular around Chicago. Ive never had pizza so good as that -- especially the deep dish. See if Tally has Geno's .

Old 02-04-2010, 10:24 AM

1,468 posts, read 4,749,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom454 View Post
I’m new to Tallahassee and having trouble finding a decent pizza place. I’m not really into the national chain type of pizza (like Dominos or Pizza hut). I’m more into traditional NY pizza, but anything that doesn’t taste like cardboard or make me feel sick after eating would be great. A restaurant that also has some Italian food on their menu would be a nice bonus.
Get a frozen DiGiorno and make it according to instructions and it beats most pizza places by a mile. I am not kidding. Next best thing is making it yourself. Most pizza places, even the good ones, sell you oil soaked, over salted, cheap cheese and cheap, everything sold at a ridiculous price.

Getting back to the DiGiorno. I made 10 for a church get together. They loved them and wanted to know where they came from. "It wasn't delivery, it was DiGiorno".

Old 02-04-2010, 11:59 AM

7,871 posts, read 10,128,117 times
I'm not a pizza aficionado, so I can't really give you specific places to go that I think you would like. I would generally advise, if you are new to Tallahassee, to GET OUT AND EXPLORE. If you are a student, get away from the campus/Monroe/Tennessee/Apalachee axis - there are far better places to eat in Tallahassee than the joints surrounding FSU and FAMU.

There are little bars and restaurants hidden around all over the place.

Old 02-04-2010, 06:08 PM

13,611 posts, read 7,918,254 times
Have you tried Momo's or Decent Pizza?

Decent Pizza is on N Monroe on the west side of the road, just north of Cafe Cabernet and Masa.

Momo's has 2 locations. The original is right across from campus on Tennessee St right behind Moe's, and the 2nd location is off Thomasville Road on Market Street, just north of I-10 and Timberline.

Decent and Momo's are essentially the same, I think there is some connection with the owners.

Not sure if it will be what you're looking for, but to me they are equally the best pizza in Tallahassee. Anyway, it's worth a try and the prices are very good. Great beers on tap too

Old 02-04-2010, 10:26 PM
TD*

1,695 posts, read 4,140,425 times
Dude so many great pizza joints in Tally,

Momo's and Decent Pizza are great like the other poster said.

I have heard 3 guys is excellent as well.

Old 02-05-2010, 05:29 AM

1 posts, read 3,966 times
It depends on what part of town you live in. The best pizza places are near the university. If you’re a college student, you should try Momos pizza. The pieces are HUGE and the prices aren’t too bad. It looks like they also have a little Italian food on their menu (http://www.tallyfood.com/Menus/Menu....g=momo&menu=86). Mellow mushroom is another good place for pizza. Everything I've ordered there has been great.

Old 02-05-2010, 10:06 AM

7,871 posts, read 10,128,117 times
Mellow Mushroom is pretty good, I think better than Momo's...

But the charm of both places is not the pizza, it's the scenery. And by scenery I mean young, attractive women all over the place.

Welcome to Tallahassee.

Old 06-03-2010, 05:56 AM

7 posts, read 19,485 times
Momo's get my vote for sure!!!!!!!!

Old 06-28-2010, 12:06 PM

1,357 posts, read 5,464,909 times
Does Barnaby's still exist ? If so, it's really good. It's on Apalachee Parkway just past the Gov's Square Mall.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tallahassee