Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-08-2010, 12:26 AM

2,763 posts, read 5,755,128 times

Advertisements

This is my first move, i've lived in the same city (Omaha, Nebraska) for my 26 years on this earth. We're moving to Tampa for a military move. I have one friend locally there but I feel like I'm a hassle asking her if this house is in a good area or that house, etc.

Is there certain areas of tampa that are good areas? We're looking for a 3-4 bed house for 900-1200. I found a few listed on a private military only rental website, but most of those were in bad areas according to her

Can anyone give me suggestions on areas that might be better for us? We are a mid 20's married couple expecting our first child, so we would prefer a quieter area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2010, 09:47 AM

346 posts, read 1,341,120 times
Welcome to FL rezfreak. My family moved from Omaha many years ago to the Tampa Bay area 20 years ago. It'll be a different world when you get here. I think the quieter areas are way in the North Tampa areas. Good luck.

Old 06-08-2010, 10:18 AM

1 posts, read 1,310 times
High Speed rail between Tampa and Orlando is coming and there is a sales Tax referendum that will be on the ballot this fall to fund Commuter/Light Rail in Hillsborough county. You may want to look out purchase a house that can take advantage of these rail transportation initiatives.

Visit www.CostoflivinginFlorida.com for more information on the bay area.

Best of luck

Old 06-08-2010, 05:52 PM

We arent too interested in purchasing a house - we will only be in Florida for 4 years. Is the area around macdill ok? What kinda neighborhoods are around that?

Old 06-08-2010, 07:41 PM

12 posts, read 39,669 times
Default Housing

There are lots of good areas near MacDill. South Tampa is a mixture of very rich, middle class, and lower income houses. For what you say you want to pay, you should be able to find a good place. Find a website devoted to rentals in Tampa, then focus on the South Tampa area. Very close to the military base and with everything you need as far as stores, malls, entertainment. Also will be a short drive to the base. Good luck.

Old 06-09-2010, 12:58 AM

Yeah I actually have a military only rental website and a couple realtor renter leads - but i'm sure they'll say anything to rent a house. The military only website is mostly current/former military looking to rent only to military, but there's quite a few realtor companies mixed in.

I was looking around south tampa at houses, looks like we have a lot of options. MacDill area has a bunch of houses in our price range (3-4 bedrooms, 1500-1700 sq feet for 1200 max). Obviously, being new to the area, i wasnt sure if macdill area was very good since it seemed cheap compared to the rest of tampa
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
View detailed profiles of: