Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2010, 06:40 PM

2,729 posts, read 5,201,862 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SerjR View Post
I Just moved to 750 sq. ft. apartment. I plan to use A/C at about 75. Please could you telle me about what I should expect to see in the monthly bill?
Well, it depends on many things such us your use, how efficient are the electronics you have, if the appartment is surrounded by others like you have side, top, and above others as wells as how insulated is the place. The last appartment that we were living was an old one so our bill was very high. Most of the time we had either an AC or a heating--nothing in between. So, I would say if your use is moderate and insulation is good, may be 70 to 100 if not may be 125 to 150 IMO.

Just got $228 for the month for 2000ft with pool runing 8hrs and plenty of shade and well insulated house and AC at 78. So, it's anyones guess. One thing you can do is ask the electric company how much the previous owner was paying and adjust accordingly because those people could have their AC at 70 or 80 as many in this forum would tell you.

Good luck and don't get spooked, your higher summer bill will be compensated with low fall/winter usage. Well, unless you also want heating set up to 75 .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2010, 03:59 AM

27,798 posts, read 32,427,246 times
How's everyone's h20 bill?

I think they construction crew next door have been using my h20 as it went up about 30% (still only $59 for the month).

Old 06-26-2010, 06:22 AM

30 posts, read 59,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeInDenudinFL View Post
Well, it depends on many things such us your use, how efficient are the electronics you have, if the appartment is surrounded by others like you have side, top, and above others as wells as how insulated is the place. The last appartment that we were living was an old one so our bill was very high. Most of the time we had either an AC or a heating--nothing in between. So, I would say if your use is moderate and insulation is good, may be 70 to 100 if not may be 125 to 150 IMO.

Good luck and don't get spooked, your higher summer bill will be compensated with low fall/winter usage. Well, unless you also want heating set up to 75 .
I moved to Camden Westshore apartment. Actually, I don't know whether it is old or not. But I plan to keep A/C probably at 76, because I don't like when it is hot inside. I also plan to use computer about all day and maybe printer. Also a washer and a drier. Plus I'm going to use lamps. I don't have a personal pool, I don't plan to watch TV a lot.

By the way what brings the most impact into the electricity bill? Is it A/C or not?

Old 06-26-2010, 07:16 AM

17,533 posts, read 39,121,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SerjR View Post
I moved to Camden Westshore apartment. Actually, I don't know whether it is old or not. But I plan to keep A/C probably at 76, because I don't like when it is hot inside. I also plan to use computer about all day and maybe printer. Also a washer and a drier. Plus I'm going to use lamps. I don't have a personal pool, I don't plan to watch TV a lot.

By the way what brings the most impact into the electricity bill? Is it A/C or not?
AC is the big energy hog. As soon as I turned mine on this year my bill doubled. Everything else is really minimal, that includes my oven and water heater.

Old 06-27-2010, 02:22 PM

1,881 posts, read 3,606,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
How's everyone's h20 bill?

I think they construction crew next door have been using my h20 as it went up about 30% (still only $59 for the month).
Mine is outrageous.

$125 a month. No pool. That includes garbage pick up though.

Old 06-27-2010, 02:42 PM

5 posts, read 13,486 times
I have decided to move the thermostat to 82 and unplug everything I don't use. Maybe then my bill will decrease down to what? 175 bucks???? Ridiculous. I asked my friend in W VA what she keeps her A/C at. She said 72. I asked her what her bill was. She said 87 dollars. I asked her how hot it's been up there. She said it was 97 yesterday. Something in FLA is whacked.

Old 06-27-2010, 02:49 PM

427 posts, read 1,093,312 times
That would be the people that like it here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by culbreathgirl View Post
Something in FLA is whacked.

Old 06-27-2010, 02:55 PM

30,429 posts, read 21,241,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by culbreathgirl View Post
I have decided to move the thermostat to 82 and unplug everything I don't use. Maybe then my bill will decrease down to what? 175 bucks???? Ridiculous. I asked my friend in W VA what she keeps her A/C at. She said 72. I asked her what her bill was. She said 87 dollars. I asked her how hot it's been up there. She said it was 97 yesterday. Something in FLA is whacked.
It's a rip off to live in FL that simple. And W- VA does not have 5 solid months of hell like heat like we do here.

Last edited by LKJ1988; 06-27-2010 at 02:56 PM.. Reason: s

Old 06-27-2010, 03:18 PM

323 posts, read 684,707 times
So far...I'll take 5 months of "hell" over 9 months of clouds combined with either rain or snow (and sometimes both!) My A/C bill isn't bad in an apt.....but even if I lived in a house and my bill was a couple or several hundred a month, it's comparable to what my folks in Indiana pay from Nov.-Mar. in heating bills. So, whatever I guess. I b*tched about the cold up there and now it seems half the people that live here b*tch about the heat down here. Not much has changed....lol

Old 06-27-2010, 04:19 PM

17,533 posts, read 39,121,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggi07 View Post
Mine is outrageous.

$125 a month. No pool. That includes garbage pick up though.
You must use an awful lot of water. My bill at the highest was $60 last month, and that includes water, sewer, garbage and recycling pickup. Are you irrigating a big lawn all the time or something?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay