U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-17-2010, 10:20 AM

2,763 posts, read 4,971,684 times

Advertisements

Has anyone lived there? There's a house we're looking at there but since I'm from out of state, I have no idea what kinda area that is like. Thoughts?
Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2010, 11:31 AM

27,798 posts, read 27,684,108 times
Lived there in the 1980s - didn't like it back then - have visited the area and it doesn't look like it has improved. Only plus is that it's near I-4, so easy access. Few grocery stores in the area and miscellaneous fast food places. Big high school there as well. Other than that, nothing great about it, imo. Some of the communities have cheaper, affordable homes ($80K) - but a lot of the homes are older, run down - at least from my perspective of visiting my old neighborhood. There are some newer communities of cookie-cutter homes.

Old 06-17-2010, 11:32 AM

//www.city-data.com/forum/tampa...er-please.html

Old 06-17-2010, 11:43 AM

Ah well as it turns out the house just got rented Bummer. We're looking to Rent, not buy. We're also looking at Brandon and Valrico areas, those look like some nice houses out there (for rent).

Old 06-17-2010, 11:47 AM

Be very careful about who you rent from - there are very many distressed owners in this area that will get you to rent their place, get your security deposits, then haul ass on their home (default/foreclose).

Old 06-17-2010, 12:15 PM

14,476 posts, read 20,106,934 times
There are also a lot of people out there renting homes that dont even belong to them as well . alot of scams . To answer your ? seffner is kind of country and small and a couple of turns and roadways and you are in brandon or valrico or plant city . all three are pretty country and some areas are run down and some are nice it just depends on the zip code and the address . My cousin used to live out there behind the diamond pharmaceuticals plant and she used to work there too . she liked living out there only now she has moved further out to Thonotsassa . You might want to check that area out too they have rentals out there and kind of country too . Good luck .

Old 06-17-2010, 01:32 PM

35 posts, read 69,814 times
I have friends who live there and if they didnt have negative equity, they'd be out by now. Mango the "town" right by Seffner is very very bad.

renting, go to either a Realtor or an agency. Never direct thru craigs etc, (unless its a realtor). Why Seffner BTW, try Spring Hill, its great up here. parks, beach, quiet, very low crime etc etc

Old 06-17-2010, 04:48 PM

I'm going through the military rental website - AHRN - which is either realtors or military members renting to military. All houses rented through that website have to be inspected and such. I'm not really worried about the quality of landlords with them since they are all previewed by the military

I dont rent through craigslist - too scary!

I was only looking at seffner because of that one house in particular, but we're really looking at Valrico or Brandon, there seems to be a lot of nice houses in the 1400/month range for rent out there.

Since we're military, we're trying to stay within 25 miles of the base, but i had heard the area directly around the base isnt really the best, it was kinda run down and trashy, so I was told south Tampa or Brandon/Valrico would be a better option for us to have a little better area and house.

Old 06-17-2010, 06:02 PM

35 posts, read 69,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rezfreak View Post
I'm going through the military rental website - AHRN - which is either realtors or military members renting to military. All houses rented through that website have to be inspected and such. I'm not really worried about the quality of landlords with them since they are all previewed by the military

I dont rent through craigslist - too scary!

I was only looking at seffner because of that one house in particular, but we're really looking at Valrico or Brandon, there seems to be a lot of nice houses in the 1400/month range for rent out there.

Since we're military, we're trying to stay within 25 miles of the base, but i had heard the area directly around the base isnt really the best, it was kinda run down and trashy, so I was told south Tampa or Brandon/Valrico would be a better option for us to have a little better area and house.

Have sent you a PM with a link to the upper end of whats to rent here in my area of Spring Hill..........a good bang for your buck area

Old 06-17-2010, 08:58 PM

Thanks a lot, I will check them out tomorrow with the husband. Do you know how far it is from that area to MacDill?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or