U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2010, 09:13 AM

3,380 posts, read 8,261,244 times

Advertisements

I know there has got to be several Tampa Bay areas events that are great and shouldn't be missed. Please provide the name of the event and the month in which it is held. We love going to festivals and toher events and think it would be great to have an idea when they are coming up so I can mark it on my clanedar. I know some of the best events aren;t publicized very well, so I am hoping this uncovers those as well.

Thanks!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2010, 11:19 AM

27,798 posts, read 28,023,213 times
I thought the Taste Of Pinellas at Vinoy Park was decent (June). Good music. Cheap entrance. http://www.tasteofpinellas.com/

Some say that the Strawberry Festival in Plant City is worth going to. I wasn't too impressed this past March. Sometimes good music.
Welcome to the Florida Strawberry Festival

Of course there's Gaspiralla in February - Gasparilla Pirate Festival - Tampa, Florida I didn't go, but it's a big deal here.

Old 06-18-2010, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
I thought the Taste Of Pinellas at Vinoy Park was decent (June). Good music. Cheap entrance. http://www.tasteofpinellas.com/

Some say that the Strawberry Festival in Plant City is worth going to. I wasn't too impressed this past March. Sometimes good music.
Welcome to the Florida Strawberry Festival

Of course there's Gaspiralla in February - Gasparilla Pirate Festival - Tampa, Florida I didn't go, but it's a big deal here.

I am shocked you didn;t add the Tampa Bay Buccaneers Fan Fest!
Thanks for adding these, there has to be more! Is there a concert series every year?

Old 06-18-2010, 12:22 PM

48 posts, read 141,887 times
I don't do festivals much, not a fan of big crowds. But there are plenty, Google is your friend:
Strawberry Festival
Gasparilla Day
Clearwater Jazz Fest
Tarpon Springs does some kind of Greek festival
Oldsmar Days (usually a concert of some sort included, usually blues)
Dade City does a monthly antique car show (1st Saturday, they'll have a DJ playing oldies)
There's bound to be a Cinco de Mayo fest in Ybor City
I think downtown St. Pete there's some kind of a weekend fest every weekend, I forget what it's called.

There's surely a calendar with all of these kinds of events somewhere. There's always something going on somewhere.

Old 06-18-2010, 12:26 PM

48 posts, read 141,887 times
If you don't find something on one of the newspaper sites or somewhere like that, I'd suggest looking at each town's website, Chamber of Commerce, that sort of thing. Every town has some activities going on. Don't just look at Tampa and St. Pete, but all of the surrounding smaller towns. Oldsmar, Safety Harbor, Lakeland, Dade City, anything in Pinellas, etc. Might not be a big enough event to have its own website, but it should show on their local calendar.

Old 06-18-2010, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loren. View Post
If you don't find something on one of the newspaper sites or somewhere like that, I'd suggest looking at each town's website, Chamber of Commerce, that sort of thing. Every town has some activities going on. Don't just look at Tampa and St. Pete, but all of the surrounding smaller towns. Oldsmar, Safety Harbor, Lakeland, Dade City, anything in Pinellas, etc. Might not be a big enough event to have its own website, but it should show on their local calendar.

Thanks Loren. I am aware I can search for festivals and have done so. I am not looking to see which festivals occur, I want to know which ones are the good ones. We have some festivals here in Anchorage that I can find online but have never heard of because they are tiny or poorly organized and stink. There are others I have heard of and attended and they sucked. Don't get me wrong, several are good here, but they really are the exception. There's nothing like fighting a crowd of people to attend an event which ends up being lame. Especially if you had to pay for parking and/or admittance.

I cannot find out how good a festival is by looking at an event calendar. I want to know what are the 'can't miss' festivals and events from the informative individuals on CD. Thanks.

Old 06-18-2010, 12:46 PM

1,881 posts, read 3,270,411 times
Go here: tbt | tampabay.com - St. Petersburg Times and tbt*

Toward the top, under "find it", they have a link to events.

Sorry, I haven't been here long enough to tell you what's the best yet.

Last edited by Maggi07; 06-18-2010 at 12:55 PM..

Old 06-18-2010, 01:04 PM

Creative Loafing Tampa | Home

This site has a few things to do in Tampa - good to visit every so often.

Old 06-18-2010, 10:58 PM

Location: I will be escaping Suck City and landing in Tampa in December
346 posts, read 835,364 times
There's a decent Farmer's Market on the weekends from Oct to May in downtown Tampa right?

Old 06-19-2010, 05:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlaskaKash View Post
I am shocked you didn;t add the Tampa Bay Buccaneers Fan Fest!
Thanks for adding these, there has to be more! Is there a concert series every year?
The Rays have a concert series. Not sure of any others. I may head out to the Bucs Fanfest - not sure what exactly goes on there- not a big autograph kind of person. Would like to see where my season tickets seats are since I bought them sight unseen.
http://prod.static.buccaneers.clubs....r-Schedule.pdf

Here's another website with "Bay Happenings" -----particularly if you have children.

Find local Tampa Bay MomsLikeMe.com events for moms, kids and families -- Events Tampa Bay MomsLikeMe.com

Last edited by BucFan; 06-19-2010 at 05:43 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay