U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-19-2010, 12:56 PM

164 posts, read 420,478 times

Advertisements

Hi all,

Well Im in the final stages of negotiating a visa/ benefits package for working in Largo. If this all goes through and I sign the contract next week, we'll be moving to Florida in October/November whoooo hooooooooooo!

I will be working in Indian Rocks...a hospital facility that used to be called Suncoast. SO...a few questions if I may ask you good people

If working in INdian rocks, where would it be feasible to live, considering I want a really good school district (public schools) as a priority and don't mind up to a half hour commute?
Im reading that the schools aren't great in Largo, but better in Seminole? I also like the look of Dunedin and safety harbour (and both seem to have good schools?) but would they be too far for me to commute/how long are we talking for commuting? I also wouldn't rule out Clearwater if I got into a nice area with good schools Would this be a good option?

Also, we'll be renting initially, likely for the first year or 2. Im googling rental properties in Pinellas county and it's coming up with the same rental websites over and over again...I wondered if anyone here knows of local real estate agents who have rental properties on the market?

Many thanks all, I'll no doubt be posting lots of questions and picking everyone's brains to shreds if I go ahead and sign this contract so be warned!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2010, 08:24 AM

5 posts, read 13,950 times
Just from selling Real Estate in the area the most popular areas that I know of that people move to for the schools is the Plumb Elementary School District in Clearwater, Seminole (max. 30 minute drive) and areas of Palm Harbor which may be too far of a drive. I would suggest looking at the School reviews on Trulia Trulia - Real Estate, Homes for Sale, Sold Properties, Apartments for Rent and I would also check out the Pinellas County School District at Pinellas County Schools . I personally do not do rentals but if you would like to email me at tiffany.metzig@gmail.com I can send you the rentals that come up on the MLS. I would also check out the St Pete Times Classifieds as well as Craigslist and : Front Page - Tampa Bay Newspapers and search the area classifieds.

Old 06-22-2010, 10:01 PM

17 posts, read 36,167 times
Largo/seminole area. Look at the neighborhood Bardmoor.

Old 06-24-2010, 12:19 AM

627 posts, read 1,219,516 times
First off Welcome!!

I would suggest checking out the Anona area which is just south of the hospital where you will be working and also Seminole which would only be about a 5-10 minute commute to your work because it does have some of the best schools in the county.
Dunedin does not have good schools (esp when you get into middle/high...trust me I attended both). A commute from Safety Harbor would probably be about 30 minutes on a typical weekday 8-5 schedule.
I would definitely stay out of the Largo schools (esp for middle/high).

I have a friend who is a real estate agent that can help you with rentals. I will PM you her information if you would like.

Old 06-26-2010, 04:49 PM

brilliant thanks so much guys...lots of great info there. Hopefully I will have job confirmed next week..fingers crossed...thats when the hard work and torrent of questions REALLY begins!

Old 06-26-2010, 04:59 PM

2,536 posts, read 4,161,639 times
So glad it has all come together for you Toots - I know you've been working at it for some time! Welcome!

Old 06-28-2010, 11:19 AM

thanks Crowgirl, not all signed and sealed just yet, but working on it!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay