U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2010, 03:43 PM

27,798 posts, read 27,819,422 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rezfreak View Post
You just sound like a passive aggressive jerk. I hope you have a life insurance policy, you're going to get yourself killed by the wrong person if you continue to drive like that. Left lane is for passing, if you wanna go slow, get the hell in the right lane, that's what its for. moron. Oh, and its "flipping you off" not flicking.

Now, back on topic. I used to think that living in Nebraska we had bad drivers, but now driving in florida, I'd gladly take my Nebraska natives over Floridians. The drivers in Nebraska seem like saints compared to down here. I was in the right lane going the speed limit on 4 today and was being tail gated. Tail gating=me go 5 miles slower.
Going the speed limit will definitely lead to a lot of tailgating for you. Might be wise just keep up w/ traffic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2010, 03:53 PM

5,453 posts, read 8,152,005 times
"Cautious" means you stay in the right side of the road doing the speed limit, there is a reason that sign on I-4 reads: Max 70 - Min 40
If you want to be cautious and drive 40 ON I-4 (of all places) sit pretty in the right lane! These "cautious" drivers, drive 30 UNDER THE SPEED LIMIT, NOT even the speed limit, of course when I pass by at 55 it seems like I'm flying when you're doing 25!!!!! DUH! LOLOL
& ALL THIS IN PLAIN SUN....not a drop of rain.....that's a whooooooooooole other ball game....

To the Buick guy, Dude it will be your coffin one day too! you'll get to enjoy it for eternity, that's not a good mentality in this area! you do sound like a total jerk . Guess what, I have exactly 15 minutes to get from the middle of Gunn hwy to the middle of 54! if you're in front of me on that route taking your sweet time under the speed limit posted I may just drive OVER YOU! LOLOL

If you want to ENJOY you freakin Buick, take a back road! Not I-4!

I too, unfortunately find myself by-passing on the right lane since the left is blocked by ppl with nothing better to do than show the rest of us they cheated tremendously on the driving test and have no clue about what's written in the driving manual.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
Disagree.

Most bad drivers aren't retirees - most are younger people in a hurry.

The older people I see are very cautious - being cautious is a good thing.

Ever wonder why older people pay lower premiums for auto insurance.

Old 06-24-2010, 03:56 PM

27,798 posts, read 27,819,422 times
I've been driving on Tampa interstates for decades and have never come up on a car going that slow (under 40 mph) unless their car was about to break down or there was stop and go traffic.

And what is this driving test you're talking about?

Old 06-24-2010, 04:43 PM

2,763 posts, read 5,004,884 times
Quote:
Going the speed limit will definitely lead to a lot of tailgating for you. Might be wise just keep up w/ traffic.
No thanks, I'd rather not risk the speeding ticket and I'll stick with the speed limit in the RIGHT lane.

Old 06-24-2010, 05:06 PM

What's wrong with respecting the speed limit? That's why it was posted ...

Old 06-24-2010, 05:09 PM

848 posts, read 1,749,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbrkr View Post
I've been here for 3 months and I swear I haven't seen anyone use their blinkers on their car for a lane change or a turn. It has caused some serious situations for me and almost some accidents with people changing lanes at 80 mph.

Is there a law in this area that prohibits the use of Blinkers?
LOL, no, they're options on cars sold here and no one buys a car equipped with them.

I know what you mean, it's awful and dangerous.

Old 06-24-2010, 09:04 PM

427 posts, read 1,004,759 times
Quote:
Disagree.

Most bad drivers aren't retirees - most are younger people in a hurry.

The older people I see are very cautious - being cautious is a good thing.

Ever wonder why older people pay lower premiums for auto insurance.
I have no problem with the way old people drive. At least they don't tailgate me. So they go a little slow in the left lane, big deal. I can go around them. And the older folks drive normal sedans too, not these damn trucks that you can't see past.

Old 06-25-2010, 06:23 AM

35 posts, read 70,037 times
WE have driven to 45 states over a two year period and I can tell you now that every state is the same. The same ignorant I dont care attitude, whilst cossetted in your little tank. If a mistake is made and someones honks, the finger is given. Not a caring wave with a "sorry" being mouthed.
Not using turn signals whilst changing lanes, turning L or R, over taking etc is common everywhere. Cell phone, text is everwhere and should be banned immediatly. Lane discipline is non existant. The actual standard of driving skills is very very low. The test exam is every state is way way to easy. Its just a F+*K you attitude that is prevelant everywhere nowadays

Old 06-25-2010, 08:43 AM

766 posts, read 1,647,231 times
OMGosh.....now i'm depressed. There doesn't seem to be a glimmer of hope for improving the situation, now is there? How about a new Governor that gives a Rat's ass about improving the quality of life here in Florida? How about we start there and hope there is trickle down through the administration all the way to the DMV.

Why don't we outlaw the use of Cell Phones whilst driving? Other states have banned them.

Why don't we start with Vehicle Inspections to generate more cash for the state?

Why don't we start ticketing "failure to signal a lane change" to add more cash to the county, municipal, state coffers?

Why don't we post signs on the interstates that say; "Keep right except to Pass"? (New Jersey does this) The ticket revenue can fund the expense!

Why don't we re-instate the written drivers test for out of state drivers. I was here in 1991 and had to re-take the written test. Let's reinstate it and oh, let's charge $29.95 for the privileged so we can add to the state coffers. This is done in other states, why not here?

Why don't we offer higher insurance discounts to safe drivers?

Why don't we actually enforce un-insured driving penalties?

Have I missed anything? Anyone have a creative way of fixing this ?

Oh and by-the-way, why don't we all just start being nice and start caring for one another? Think that might help a little?????

Al

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikexit View Post
WE have driven to 45 states over a two year period and I can tell you now that every state is the same. The same ignorant I dont care attitude, whilst cossetted in your little tank. If a mistake is made and someones honks, the finger is given. Not a caring wave with a "sorry" being mouthed.
Not using turn signals whilst changing lanes, turning L or R, over taking etc is common everywhere. Cell phone, text is everwhere and should be banned immediatly. Lane discipline is non existant. The actual standard of driving skills is very very low. The test exam is every state is way way to easy. Its just a F+*K you attitude that is prevelant everywhere nowadays

Old 06-25-2010, 09:22 AM

I am highly considering making one of those ad type panels that Pizza places have on top of their delivery cars that are lighted and read (front and back):
"Please use your signals, I am not a mind reader!" Or text me at: xxx-xxx-xxxx and let me know where and when you'll be turning so I'll know. Thanks."

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbrkr View Post
OMGosh.....now i'm depressed. There doesn't seem to be a glimmer of hope for improving the situation, now is there? How about a new Governor that gives a Rat's ass about improving the quality of life here in Florida? How about we start there and hope there is trickle down through the administration all the way to the DMV.

Why don't we outlaw the use of Cell Phones whilst driving? Other states have banned them.

Why don't we start with Vehicle Inspections to generate more cash for the state?

Why don't we start ticketing "failure to signal a lane change" to add more cash to the county, municipal, state coffers?

Why don't we post signs on the interstates that say; "Keep right except to Pass"? (New Jersey does this) The ticket revenue can fund the expense!

Why don't we re-instate the written drivers test for out of state drivers. I was here in 1991 and had to re-take the written test. Let's reinstate it and oh, let's charge $29.95 for the privileged so we can add to the state coffers. This is done in other states, why not here?

Why don't we offer higher insurance discounts to safe drivers?

Why don't we actually enforce un-insured driving penalties?

Have I missed anything? Anyone have a creative way of fixing this ?

Oh and by-the-way, why don't we all just start being nice and start caring for one another? Think that might help a little?????

Al
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or