Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-27-2007, 11:39 AM

14 posts, read 111,095 times

Advertisements

Hello to all and by the way this forum has alot of positive and helpful people and I wanted to say " Thank You ".

Question: If I were to move and live in Plant City and had to commute to he Riverview everyday to work which route would be best ?
I-4 to I-75 south ? - or- the side roads which is the shorter distance ??
I'm concerned that I-4 & I-75 would be slow moving traffic and congested and would take longer that 20-25 minutes.

Also what would taxes and insurance run in Plant City say on a $225,000.00
home ?? Do you feel living in Plant City would be more reasonable than living in Valrico or Riverview ?

Thanks in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2007, 07:40 AM

523 posts, read 2,821,792 times
I sent you a Pm, I love PLant City but still part of Hillsborough county so check on Tax Millage. Just over the polk line is cheaper taxes, home prices
taxes, insurance. car insurance.

Old 06-22-2007, 01:57 AM

259 posts, read 1,178,927 times
Polk Co. would put you even further from Riverview. Too far a commute I think.
I don't think taking "side roads" is a great idea as HW 60 is about the only way to make it west through Brandon and its stop-and-go for miles upon miles.

Valrico is close enough to Riverview to warrant maybe just taking main roads and not the interstate, and would be cheaper than Plant City too. Friends of mine just sold a 3/2 brick ranch with a pool in a lovely cul-de-sac street in Valrico for barely over 200K (I think), and they had their fingers crossed and were praying the whole time the deal wouldnt fall through. They were sad they had to leave as they loved Valrico.

Last edited by fromcenFL; 06-22-2007 at 02:14 AM..

Old 06-22-2007, 08:12 AM

17,452 posts, read 38,829,694 times
I don't think Polk County would be too far of a commute. You will have to check some maps, but there have been big improvements to I-4, the LeRoy Selmon Expressway and now the new Polk Parkway, and you can bypass all that traffic. There are websites that can show you these routes, so of course it would depend on where in Polk you live and where in Riverview you would be going.

My hubby will be commuting to Tampa from Lakeland, and that is no that bad of a commute going Polk Parkway to I-4 - no stop and go traffic at all. I do recommend Polk County for a HUGE difference in housing costs, taxes ahd HOI.

Good luck!

Old 06-22-2007, 08:31 PM

467 posts, read 322,151 times
Default PC Native

I grew up in PC and haven't lived there in 19 years (since I was 18). HOWEVER, upon returning last month - not much has changed :-)

They've added a few chain restaurants and additional Wal-Mart, but it has pretty much remained the same (except the new Scientology store/church downtown - odd).

If you have high school age kids or plan on being there for your kids to attend high school - think again. Nothing to do generally equals a LOT of partying. I guess that pretty much goes for all of FL, but we've lived in GA, SC, CT and WA and I have to say the drug/party scene reigns supreme in FL.

Otherwise, cute town.

Old 06-23-2007, 06:12 AM

1,051 posts, read 3,355,181 times
It depends on where in Plant City you are and where in Riverview you want to go. Personally, I'd take Rt. 39 (aka Jim Redneck Parkway) , the main north and south route in Plant City, and just take it south and come into Riverview on the east side. The interstates can be a crap shoot (I-4 was shut down for Hours a couple of days ago) and Brandon traffic (Rt. 60) is a freaking nightmare at times. Another possibility is to take 39 to 60, head west, then take the back roads from Valrico (Mulhrennen, etc. You would be able to utilize Bloomingdale Ave. to Bell Shoals and come in on the back side of Riverview that way too. The back roads are much less stress and a lot easier on the eye.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay