Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-30-2010, 07:29 AM

2,727 posts, read 6,129,826 times

Advertisements

I did try doing a search, but perhaps wasn't putting in the right keywords???

What is your opinion about finding a job if I am willing to work any hours/days? I know the economy is horrible and jobs are hard to find, but I also know that many people are just looking for weekdays, day hours.

If I was open to retail or food industry, days and hours not a problem, would I have a better chance at finding something?

Also, what extended stay places, or apartments, would you recommend looking into? Pets allowed.

Sorry, St. Pete area is what I am looking in.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2010, 08:14 AM

369 posts, read 840,023 times
Its so hard to get a job by applying over the net. Your best bet is to go in person to the company/restaurant and apply in person and also bring your resume. Ask to speak with the manager while you are there. That's how I've managed to get most of my jobs.

Not sure about the best/worst places to live in St. Pete.

Good Luck

Old 06-30-2010, 08:28 AM

Thanks. Right now I am up north and I'm finding the only way to attempt getting a job is to be there. I've called agencies and they are happy to take my resume, but they tell me most likely they won't find anything as companies want people who live there and are available for interviews (which I totally understand).

Old 06-30-2010, 08:34 AM

323 posts, read 680,859 times
Depends on your price range with the apartments. I don't know much about any extended stay places down here (I'm assuming you're talking about motels?) But I know they were little more than prostitution houses and places for meth labs back home. Anywho, all that aside; what price range are you looking at? There are plenty of places in St. Pete that allow pets. Waterside at Coquina Key is one (though I don't recommend it in the slightest, see my other posts for why.) The place I'm in now, Seaside Villas in Gulfport allows pets. I don't have a clue what the price is for studios, but the 1B/1B off the water start at around $750 if I remember right...

Old 06-30-2010, 08:49 AM

My price range would be up to $800.

Also, if you know of good and bad areas, please advise.

Old 06-30-2010, 08:50 AM

If it helps at all, I'm looking more at St. Pete because I would rather be near beaches than nightlife (and I know Tampa isn't TOO far away for that).

Old 06-30-2010, 10:09 AM

323 posts, read 680,859 times
Well, you really might consider giving Seaside a call to see if they are running any move-in-specials and what their current rates are. Gulfport is in the Southwestern side of St. Pete and the beaches are literally just minutes from here. Seaside is in a good area of Gulfport, and just like anywhere, it has its' not so great areas. It's down by the art district and all the restaurants on the water. As far as a more broad spectrum, unless you'll be in a community that's pretty much on the water, South St. Pete is kinda sketchy. You'll generally want to stay north of 22nd Ave. N., IMO. You also want to be careful around 34th St. S. and 4th St. S. Unfortunately, it's just so hard to say "this area is bad," because the more you think about it, the more you realize "oh yeah, but it's not so bad if you're (insert specific street/block here)."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
View detailed profiles of: