Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2010, 12:53 PM

11 posts, read 22,594 times

Advertisements

I would never upset anyone. I don't even have a dirt bike, But we are moving to Spring Hill waterfront...that is funny! Dried up lake. Can I buy a dirt bike and ride on the dry lake? I am not crazy. I am very cautious, but I noticed that it appears that there are trails iin the lake? Do I have to be good and just use a bicycle?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2010, 09:10 PM

2,360 posts, read 5,218,845 times
No shortage of dried up lakes in Spring Hill . I see people riding ATV's in areas where people were waterskiing a few years ago. The sad thing is a lot of those people pay lakefront property taxes.

Old 07-02-2010, 08:54 AM

35 posts, read 76,625 times
Ken E. errrrrrrrrrrr no you dont. Property taxes are not based on lakefront etc. Dryed up lakes are county property and motorised vehicles are NOT allowed on them at all. You will be cited.

Old 07-02-2010, 09:25 AM

8,488 posts, read 20,540,632 times
Not all lake area is county property and values are usually higher for lakefront properties so in effect you do pay "lakefront" property taxes.

Most times if a deputy does stop someone riding they are just going to tell them to stop and give them a warning. Most of the deputies around here do not hassle people for things such as this.

Old 07-02-2010, 09:36 AM

Its the value of the house and a few other parameters that affect the taxes NOT per se the fact its on a waterfront, by a highway or lake front. If idiots wish to ride dirt bikes/ATV's on the lake by my property I WILL call the sheriifs dept and ask for a ticket!l

Old 07-02-2010, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikexit View Post
Its the value of the house and a few other parameters that affect the taxes NOT per se the fact its on a waterfront, by a highway or lake front. If idiots wish to ride dirt bikes/ATV's on the lake by my property I WILL call the sheriifs dept and ask for a ticket!l
If you have 2 identical homes right near each other and one is lakefront, which one is going to sell for more and thus be taxed higher 99% of the time?

You can call, and they will come but most probably they are not writing a ticket.

Old 07-02-2010, 10:22 AM

2,360 posts, read 5,218,845 times
Quote:
Ken E. errrrrrrrrrrr no you dont. Property taxes are not based on lakefront etc. Dryed up lakes are county property and motorised vehicles are NOT allowed on them at all. You will be cited.
Just going by what property owners tell me. Of course anything over 3 feet deep is a lake.

Old 07-02-2010, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Peterson View Post
If you have 2 identical homes right near each other and one is lakefront, which one is going to sell for more and thus be taxed higher 99% of the time?

Because it is on a lakefront and therefor deemed to be worth more. Thus property taxes are based on the just market value of the property.

You can call, and they will come but most probably they are not writing a ticket.
Oh yes they do!

Old 07-02-2010, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Oh yes they do!
If I say, "Oh no they don't" and put 2 exclamation points does that make my statement more believable than yours?

Old 07-02-2010, 12:27 PM

do what you like mate. If an ATV goes screaming around our "lake" the cops are called and the are cited. Simple really !!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay