U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2010, 02:30 AM

269 posts, read 555,630 times

Advertisements

I am surprised that people only speak of South Pasadena, maybe it is because it is a city of itself and Pasadena on the Gulf is just a part of St Petersburg.

What does people think of this part of the city?

Is it considered good?

For people who dont' know the borders.
Here is a map:
Pasadena On The Gulf, Saint Petersburg Neighborhood Auto Dealers in Pasadena On The Gulf, Saint Petersburg, FL | DexKnows.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2010, 07:17 AM

2,602 posts, read 7,438,048 times
Yes, that area is very nice, though that map isn't entirely correct. It is convenient to Downtown St. Pete, St. Pete Beach, the Tyrone area, and all points northward along 66th Street.

The boundaries are iffy. City-Data has a detailed neighborhood profile, but again with a wrong map:
//www.city-data.com/neighborhoo...rsburg-FL.html

South Pasadena's northern border is mostly Park Street and its eastern border is mostly Oleander Way. The intersection of Pasadena Avenue and Gulfport Boulevard is very much within South Pasadena, not Pasadena by the Gulf.

Old 07-02-2010, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferret111 View Post
Yes, that area is very nice, though that map isn't entirely correct. It is convenient to Downtown St. Pete, St. Pete Beach, the Tyrone area, and all points northward along 66th Street.

The boundaries are iffy. City-Data has a detailed neighborhood profile, but again with a wrong map:
//www.city-data.com/neighborhoo...rsburg-FL.html

South Pasadena's northern border is mostly Park Street and its eastern border is mostly Oleander Way. The intersection of Pasadena Avenue and Gulfport Boulevard is very much within South Pasadena, not Pasadena by the Gulf.
I just get confused with one thing, it is that "pasadena by the gulf" stretches over central avenue and a few blocks up.

I also notice that "Pasadena lake" does not belong to Pasadena.

Any ideas why the map is drawn like this?

Old 07-02-2010, 12:29 PM

WARNING: This post has a lot of trivial information!

Here's a link to the City of St. Petersburg's list of neighborhoods. Click on "Map of Neighborhood Associations" on the left. Pasadena by the Gulf doesn't appear to be a recognized neighborhood. It may have a new name or "Pasadena by the Gulf" referred to the original development and has since been absorbed into other areas.

As you can see, this part of town is near the confluence of lots of municipal boundaries:

Last edited by ferret111; 07-02-2010 at 12:31 PM.. Reason: link

Old 07-02-2010, 12:56 PM

Quote:
WARNING: This post has a lot of trivial information!

Here's a link to the City of St. Petersburg's list of neighborhoods. Click on "Map of Neighborhood Associations" on the left. Pasadena by the Gulf doesn't appear to be a recognized neighborhood. It may have a new name or "Pasadena by the Gulf" referred to the original development and has since been absorbed into other areas.

As you can see, this part of town is near the confluence of lots of municipal boundaries:
What are being pointed out on the map are cities.

Pasadena on the gulf (sorry, spelled wrong in the thread start) is not a city of it's own, it is a part of St Petersburg.

The areas on this maps are other cities than St Petersburg, like St Pete beach, Treasure Island, South Pasadena and Gulfport

Pasadena on the gulf is not a city, only a area of a city

Old 07-02-2010, 02:00 PM

I know that. I was pointing out how tricky the boundaries are down there. I meant to post this link, but got sidetracked.

Here's the City of St. Petersburg's map of officially-organized neighborhood associations:
Google Maps St. Petersburg (http://mapguide.stpete.org/stpetegoogle/neighborhoods.htm - broken link)

Old 07-02-2010, 02:55 PM

Quote:
I know that. I was pointing out how tricky the boundaries are down there. I meant to post this link, but got sidetracked.

Here's the City of St. Petersburg's map of officially-organized neighborhood associations:
Google Maps St. Petersburg (http://mapguide.stpete.org/stpetegoogle/neighborhoods.htm - broken link)
On this map, Pasadena on the gulf is not even a neighborhood in St Petersburg. Nor is the area around pasadena lake.

A orange and a blue district takes up parts of what the other map showed as pasadena on the gulf.

That is very strange, there are Pasadena community church and lake pasadena and neither of them seem to belong to a neigborhood

Old 07-02-2010, 03:29 PM

4,297 posts, read 5,959,199 times
I know the neighborhood, but have never heard it called Pasadena On The Gulf. Try Pasadena Bear Creek Neighborhood Assoc. What I use to call Lake Pasadena is in an area more to the northeast.

Old 07-02-2010, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaughnwilliams View Post
I know the neighborhood, but have never heard it called Pasadena On The Gulf. Try Pasadena Bear Creek Neighborhood Assoc. What I use to call Lake Pasadena is in an area more to the northeast.
What does the Neighborhood Assoc got to do with this?
I guess you saw it on the map?

Maybe just "Bear Creek" but i like the name "Pasadena on the gulf" a lot more

Old 07-04-2010, 09:09 PM

55 posts, read 102,437 times
Pasadena Lake and Pasadena are two neighborhood areas of St. Petersburg. Both are good places to live. Perfect for those who want to be near the Tyrone Mall or the beach.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or