U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2010, 05:41 AM

1,777 posts, read 4,318,456 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCPUNK View Post
Yea sure, you know what everybody is saying and doing out there.

You are from an Imaginary figment land if you think that the dirtbag friends of the dirtbag who KILLED two cops don't have more dirtbag friends who feel the same way. There was at least 12 of them schmoes chanting and clicking and popping off at the keyboard about how "da polleez be'd messin wit da man". Right, they pulled over your a-hole friends because they were breaking the law, and that murderer killed them rather than go to jail, and now he's going to die instead of serving 6 months.

That entire community is the same way, they are the reason police cannot effectively do their job. Someone gets killed, everyone in a neighborhood knows the victim AND the murderer and nobody speaks up because it be bad to help da polleez

Old 07-03-2010, 05:41 AM

1,730 posts, read 4,248,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stpeteguy View Post
That is complete utter rubbish.

People ge treated the way they act. If you act like a disrespectful hoodlum, your gonna get treated like one.

I'm SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO tired of people making excuses for the criminals and blaming everyone else except the ones who rightfully deserve 100% of the blame.

No it is not rubbish. As I said in Miami I saw this with my own eyes. And felt it myself. The kicker though was that I was a white 105 lb girl. I had a cop pull me over in Overtown, where I lived, and pull me out of the car at gun point, throw me on the back trunk and hold a gun on me the whole time while his partner ran my tag and license number. My crime? Driving a 1976 Pontiac LeMans with a busted side mirror that had happened earlier in the day. Apparently only gang bangers are allowed to drive boats like those. I was called an N Lover for driving a car like that ( it was all I could afford while attending college) and had a nice bruise on my forehead to show for my experience. Wish I could say that was the only time something like that happened but what does it matter? It didn't happen in a nice suburb or fancy neighborhood so clearly I and any other innocent person deserved what we got.

If you read my post you would see I posted a few times that I was not excusing these thugs, just trying to offer a glimpse into their world and mind set wrong as it may be.

Old 07-03-2010, 05:46 AM

1,777 posts, read 4,318,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TB Fla View Post
They do not represent this community. I think you are just using this horrible tradedy and following circumstances an opportunity to preace what you think about this area. Its ironic though how only a few hours after you posted this, you were proven wrong.
they might not represent all of tampa bay, but if you have ever been into the poor areas of tampa, the black residents are full of hatred and ignorance. I used to do property maintenance on bank owned homes, and the neighbors would act like it was my fault the scum that used to live in the house i was at got evicted, when you have to carry a gun to cut grass, it's a problem.

Old 07-03-2010, 05:49 AM

282 posts, read 342,163 times
The Black Community, for the most part, has created their own
private Little Third World Community right here in the Good Ole USA! As long as the parents, of large numbers of Illigitimate kids, continue to raise their children as they do, it will not improve. The height of Black Pride was in the Mid-Sixties and then along came the Black Panther Party to convince them of their "Entitlement" and, with a few exceptions, they have been going downhill ever since. The police would have provided a service to the Law Abiding, Tax Paying citizens of Florida by Killing this piece of Garbage in the street, but now, we the Taxpayers will spend more money per year to keep him in Prison than my WIFE AND I require to live freely!

Old 07-03-2010, 06:08 AM

792 posts, read 2,084,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathleen1971 View Post
No it is not rubbish. As I said in Miami I saw this with my own eyes. And felt it myself. The kicker though was that I was a white 105 lb girl. I had a cop pull me over in Overtown, where I lived, and pull me out of the car at gun point, throw me on the back trunk and hold a gun on me the whole time while his partner ran my tag and license number. My crime? Driving a 1976 Pontiac LeMans with a busted side mirror that had happened earlier in the day. Apparently only gang bangers are allowed to drive boats like those. I was called an N Lover for driving a car like that ( it was all I could afford while attending college) and had a nice bruise on my forehead to show for my experience. Wish I could say that was the only time something like that happened but what does it matter? It didn't happen in a nice suburb or fancy neighborhood so clearly I and any other innocent person deserved what we got.

If you read my post you would see I posted a few times that I was not excusing these thugs, just trying to offer a glimpse into their world and mind set wrong as it may be.

So your saying that because your poor, you were targeted. That is more rubbish.

Look at some place like West Virginia. Very poor and very white, yet one of the lowest crime rates in the country.

How does that fit into your "cops are picking on me cause i'm poor" theory?

Poverty does not equal crime. At one time, most of America was poor, yet it had no where near the crime rate it does now.

In the end, it all boils down to bad parenting.

Old 07-03-2010, 06:18 AM

1,730 posts, read 4,248,827 times
Quote:
So your saying that because your poor, you were targeted. That is more rubbish.

Look at some place like West Virginia. Very poor and very white, yet one of the lowest crime rates in the country.

How does that fit into your "cops are picking on me cause i'm poor" theory?

Poverty does not equal crime. At one time, most of America was poor, yet it had no where near the crime rate it does now.

No, I am saying because I lived in a certain area and drove a certain car I was targeted.

Either I am very inarticulate, which is entirely possible, or you are just trying to read into something that isn't there. Look, I didn't kill those cops and I don't support the dude who did or the people who back him. I am just saying, again, that things go on in certain communities that people either don't know, or clearly do not want to know. And if you think that in black communities that there is not a different level of treatment for everyone, not just the criminals, than there is in majority white communites than you are either misinformed or live in a world where you see only what you want to see. That is all.

Old 07-03-2010, 06:22 AM

2,414 posts, read 4,942,155 times
Suspect in Florida cop slayings captured - CNN.com

Old 07-03-2010, 06:27 AM

792 posts, read 2,084,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathleen1971 View Post
No, I am saying because I lived in a certain area and drove a certain car I was targeted.

Either I am very inarticulate, which is entirely possible, or you are just trying to read into something that isn't there. Look, I didn't kill those cops and I don't support the dude who did or the people who back him. I am just saying, again, that things go on in certain communities that people either don't know, or clearly do not want to know. And if you think that in black communities that there is not a different level of treatment for everyone, not just the criminals, than there is in majority white communites than you are either misinformed or live in a world where you see only what you want to see. That is all.
People know what goes on in those communities. Believe me, they do. That's why they avoid them like the plague.

Unfortunately, the police have to go there because most of the crime happens there.

And what I dont' really get is why you keep saying stuff "goes on in those communities that people don't want to know" like there is some agenda from the police to target minorities. It's a lie.

Old 07-03-2010, 06:32 AM

480 posts, read 944,359 times
Quote:
We've all done things and good parents will properly handle the situation. However, at some point in our lives we've still managed to defy the rules and suffer the consequence. So I guess when ever you did things you weren't supposed to do in your life, it was your parent's fault? It's about choice.

Old 07-03-2010, 06:44 AM

282 posts, read 342,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeartofFlorida View Post
We've all done things and good parents will properly handle the situation. However, at some point in our lives we've still managed to defy the rules and suffer the consequence. So I guess when ever you did things you weren't supposed to do in your life, it was your parent's fault? It's about choice.
No, but your parents instill the basic Qualities in you. Wake up and go to school, Look both ways before you cross the street, be polite to your Elders, Don't SHOOT people, etc. That is unless you have parents who have no capacity to care for the 7 children they have because they Don't work, are an addict, are in Prison, Don't care, etc.!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or