U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2010, 06:48 AM

848 posts, read 1,749,271 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Town&Country View Post
I honestly wish that he'd have been shattered by a 100 bullets instead of turning himself in lawyered up...
I honestly wish so too.

It's time to stop mollycoddling scum like this and use the death penalty for the purpose it was intended. Years, and even decades of draining taxpayer money, and tying up court time with pathetic appeals should be severely curtailed and real justice served.

The trash that removed the posters should be charged with a crime.

Old 07-03-2010, 06:49 AM

2,414 posts, read 5,172,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
My post went over your head. It was more than one person who showed no empathy or compassion for what happened.

Yes, you're right most people did feel awful. How could you not?

My comments have to do with a certain segment of society who can't get past their hatred of the police to see these two men as fathers and husbands.

Dante Morris hid out in Tampa for four days and he had help.

Despite the reward amount going up over the last few days, no one was talking.

I cannot understand people who have so much resentment for the police, that they can't see them as human beings with family first.

Shame on them.
So now you are accusing me of not feeling awful about what happened? That would seem improbable, since I am state certified in Law enforcment.

Yes there is always a small segment of society that have no empathy for police. And yes Dontae Morris was able to hide for four days using that small segment of the poplulation which were probably just his friends.

But what I took from you post is that you seem to say that this small segment of the population represents the whole community. It seemed you were just using this as a chance to spread your negative Tampa propaganda. Maybe if everyone of your posts wern't so negative in the first place, I would have seen a different meaning in this one.

Old 07-03-2010, 06:57 AM

792 posts, read 2,084,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeartofFlorida View Post
We've all done things and good parents will properly handle the situation. However, at some point in our lives we've still managed to defy the rules and suffer the consequence. So I guess when ever you did things you weren't supposed to do in your life, it was your parent's fault? It's about choice.

I'm not talking about individual things there. I'm talking about patterns of behavior. Right from wrong, respect, honor, personal responsbility, work ethic, etc. etc.

And this is not a race thing. Florida is teaming with white trash parents who are raising little hoodlums that have no respect for anyone or anything either.

If you don't teach your kids right from wrong at an early age, then the state is forced to do it when they get older.

Old 07-03-2010, 06:57 AM

2,057 posts, read 3,388,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathleen1971 View Post
First off I am not saying this is the right way to think but one needs to understand that in communities like these there is a history of police beating people down, at times for no reason, and of course that will leave animosity for cops. Things happen in poorer communities and police get away with things they do not get away with in suburbia. I can't nessicarily speak to this one area but I saw things in Miami neighborhoods that would turn your stomach. I also sat in as an alternate on a jury trial here in Tampa where I believe without a shadow of a doubt the police beat the crap out of this 16 year old kid for having a dime bag of pot on him.
Are you kidding me ...Miami!! Whatever the police have to do to protect themselves in certain areas like Miami and areas like that I'm all for it. They ( the media) never tell the real story only how a 16 yr. old was beaten by a cop. They fail to tell you that "Little Johnny" was far from a model citizen!! I bet if his past criminal history was laid out you any many others would be shocked at what this so called "Innocent" boy has done!

Old 07-03-2010, 06:59 AM

2,414 posts, read 5,172,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBMallory View Post
they might not represent all of tampa bay, but if you have ever been into the poor areas of tampa, the black residents are full of hatred and ignorance. I used to do property maintenance on bank owned homes, and the neighbors would act like it was my fault the scum that used to live in the house i was at got evicted, when you have to carry a gun to cut grass, it's a problem.
I have spent a good amount of time is the poor neighborhoods of Tampa, and I never saw that. Maybe it was the job you had to do, but I just didn't see blunt open hatred by the people living there. And Im white btw, so race had nothing to do with it.

Old 07-03-2010, 07:35 AM

480 posts, read 944,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stpeteguy View Post
I'm not talking about individual things there. I'm talking about patterns of behavior. Right from wrong, respect, honor, personal responsbility, work ethic, etc. etc.

And this is not a race thing. Florida is teaming with white trash parents who are raising little hoodlums that have no respect for anyone or anything either.

If you don't teach your kids right from wrong at an early age, then the state is forced to do it when they get older.
I never said it was a race thing. Ignorance is color-blind. The message I was trying to convey was it's easy to make parents (good parents) the scape goat when their children decide they want to disobey society's laws.

I have known crappy parents that had children in broken homes that turned out to be model citizens. I've known parents that tried to nurture, rear and discipline their children and they turned out to be a waste of space. It comes down to choice. A person can choose to do right or wrong but in the end, whatever that person decides is on them. I'm sure everyone on this forum can give you an example of what I just mentioned.

Old 07-03-2010, 07:41 AM

792 posts, read 2,084,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeartofFlorida View Post
I never said it was a race thing. Ignorance is color-blind. The message I was trying to convey was it's easy to make parents (good parents) the scape goat when their children decide they want to disobey society's laws.

I have known crappy parents that had children in broken homes that turned out to be model citizens. I've known parents that tried to nurture, rear and discipline their children and they turned out to be a waste of space. It comes down to choice. A person can choose to do right or wrong but in the end, whatever that person decides is on them. I'm sure everyone on this forum can give you an example of what I just mentioned.
There is some truth to what you said.

But by and large, if you look for a common denominator in most of today's criminals, it is that they had bad parents.

There are however, exceptions to every rule.

Old 07-03-2010, 07:45 AM

480 posts, read 944,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stpeteguy View Post
There is some truth to what you said.

But by and large, if you look for a common denominator in most of today's criminals, it is that they had bad parents.

There are however, exceptions to every rule.
I can agree to that. There's always an exception!

Old 07-03-2010, 01:43 PM

118 posts, read 336,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gixxer1K View Post
Are you kidding me ...Miami!! Whatever the police have to do to protect themselves in certain areas like Miami and areas like that I'm all for it. They ( the media) never tell the real story only how a 16 yr. old was beaten by a cop. They fail to tell you that "Little Johnny" was far from a model citizen!! I bet if his past criminal history was laid out you any many others would be shocked at what this so called "Innocent" boy has done!
This is so true.
I know it's also the case with the "helpless" women. My old neighbor went psycho and kidnapped her own son when she lost custody, and when the cop arrived, she came running out of the door with a baseball bat flailing in the air. He pushed her to the ground, got her in handcuffs, and that was that. The next day in the newspaper there was an article and comments about how horrible it is that a male cop would ever touch a woman.

Old 07-03-2010, 05:21 PM

1,777 posts, read 4,317,814 times
his buddy is going to smoke or snort that 100k, and should be jailed for harboring a fugitive, take his deal and throw it in the trash and hang that piece of ****
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or