Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-07-2010, 09:22 AM

82 posts, read 573,278 times

Advertisements

This is for Grand Oaks on Standish Bend Rd, (appears there are a few of these places called Grand oaks)I have read some amazing reviews for this place and I have read 2 or 3 awful reviews (bringing up serious concerns like mold/pests). Not sure what to believe on these darn ratings sites. Anyone have any firsthand knowledge. Me and my GF really liked Phillips International drive, but now we will have a 2nd person moving in with us and will not be able to afford Phillips or Milenium (our 2 top spots).

Thanks!

Last edited by GoUSF; 07-07-2010 at 09:39 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2010, 12:17 PM

25 posts, read 122,187 times
So, did you end up moving there? I'm supposed to go see the place in person tomorrow and was hoping for some real feedback, not just what you get from the other rating sites. If you didn't move there, do you have other suggestions to check out?

Thank you.

Old 11-10-2010, 02:13 AM

1 posts, read 2,311 times
Yes, I lived there for 8 months, I ended up breaking my lease due to the following reason. While it is a beautiful place to live and located in a great location set back into a wooded area there is one big drawback to what could be a very nice place to live. One name...Tisha. She is the current apartment complex manager and she is not fit to sweep the steps. If you have ANY problems with your apartment and you need to enlist her assitance (being that she is the apartment manger you would think she would be more than willing to help) please just make sure you have a secondary plan. She will NEVER pick up the phone to help you. Empahsis on the word never because it is truly no exaggeration. Point blank...she's lazy and extremely dishonest and she will ignore/screen and avoid you and your phone calls. This may not seem like a big issue but believe me when you are a tennant and you need assistance with an issue that involves her help you will not get it even once. The issues that you've heard regarding pests and mold are all true and maintenace will only try to clean and paint over these problems with no actual effort to fix the root of the problem. Two of my very expensive pieces of furniture were ruined due to mold which grand oaks refused to replace. If you dont mind living in a place where you are your own independent manager/maintenance man/everything then you will have no problem living there. Please just think twice and take a good look at this complex before you decide to take up residence.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
View detailed profiles of: