U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2010, 06:22 AM

219 posts, read 481,535 times

Advertisements

Is it a nice place to live? People, crime, quality of life, etc.
Thanks very much.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2010, 07:16 AM

35 posts, read 70,042 times
Its OK, mainly centered around busy 19, and the intersection with ALT 19. Mainly older houses built in the 60/70's in open sub divisions. Check out Pasco counties sheriffs website for crime

Old 07-12-2010, 07:59 AM

15,794 posts, read 33,001,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dino1 View Post
Is it a nice place to live? People, crime, quality of life, etc.
Thanks very much.
There are better places in Florida to live. You can do a search for posts on Holiday and you will see what people have said here in the past - most of it not good. And for the record, I would never live there.

Old 07-12-2010, 09:05 AM

2,602 posts, read 7,465,235 times
Eh, Holiday is just your typical suburban sprawl. Parts of it might even be considered suburban blight. There's probably some petty crime (car break-ins, maybe some small-time drug dealers and wannabe gangbangers), but I'd be more scared of the traffic. Having to use 19 everyday wouldn't be fun.

Old 07-12-2010, 09:26 AM

5,507 posts, read 9,587,656 times
Unless you are living on the water it's pretty crappy. A bunch of 2 bedroom homes that retirees used to live in that are now occupied by big families.

Old 07-12-2010, 04:04 PM

16,735 posts, read 11,160,690 times
It's full of small 2bedroom shoebox homes and full of small time drug dealers as is most of west pasco. I would stay well away or live a few miles south. Most all of west pasco is renters.

Old 07-13-2010, 07:28 AM

832 posts, read 2,630,455 times
The best areas to live in Holiday would be right along Baillie's Bluff Rd., and in the newer subdivisions like Key Vista. Otherwise, run away. Holiday is considered the area south of Moog Rd. off US19 and extends east to about Grand Blvd. That whole area is overcrowded, houses on top of each other, and crime is pretty commonplace (as it would be in any other lower-income overcrowded area). Stay away from Holiday Lakes Estates, or anything off alternate US 19....awful. The areas off Mile Stretch and Grand are just as bad. If you were looking at an older home, I'd focus more off Darlington on the west side of US 19, or as far south to the county line as possible.

Old 07-14-2010, 04:00 PM

44 posts, read 181,509 times
lets not lie here, Holiday is horrible. A majority of the houses there were winter homes that were passed on when the owners died, now they are owned by thier kids and they don't care. Many look like crap since they are unkept. You couldn't pay me to live there, or pretty much anywhere along US19 from Holiday up to Hudson and Spring Hill. I have worked in those areas over the past 2 years, I have never dealt with so many trashy people in my life.

Old 07-14-2010, 06:56 PM

16,735 posts, read 11,160,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ksdimarco View Post
lets not lie here, Holiday is horrible. A majority of the houses there were winter homes that were passed on when the owners died, now they are owned by thier kids and they don't care. Many look like crap since they are unkept. You couldn't pay me to live there, or pretty much anywhere along US19 from Holiday up to Hudson and Spring Hill. I have worked in those areas over the past 2 years, I have never dealt with so many trashy people in my life.
Dead on.

Old 07-14-2010, 07:27 PM

5,507 posts, read 9,587,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ksdimarco View Post
I doubt they are owned by their kids. Most of the homes used to look great. Very nice landscaping and everything kept up well. My guess would be when they died the kids who lived further north just sold the place.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay